Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 08:26 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh yea ! - then how come we do it everyday of our lives to numerous people without a tit or a thought?

You know darn well, the comment was about folks who are conscripted for an opinion, anyway, we have to be careful that, when two people exchange thoughts, they are not perceived as a Pair of Tits.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
True Spitty.
I have been summoned for Jury service.
I have never done that!!!!
Oh God I had to resist a terrible urge to utube that old chestnut “Here come the Judge” by the Magistrates. (1968)
Thankfully I never had to judge another person, I was called up for jury service twice, first time I was in my forties but I said I knew the accused so I got off that one, knew him to see that’s about all but it’s enough to get you off, they don’t like taking any chances.
Second time I was 66 so that meant I got off again because anyone over 65 here can opt out if they wished and I wished.
I go with Spitty, it’s a tough job the judging business, not for me if I can help it. Oh I know I know, somebody has to do it, but not me if I can wiggle out of it. Good luck with it anyway Sweetie, I hope you get an easy case.
I saw a program on BBC 4 a few years back and the medical experts of the time (1800’s) were convinced criminals had a certain shaped head and face and really looked like criminals, Phrenology I think it’s called, God help anyone who was just plain ugly or had the wrong type of head, yeh hadn’t a prayer of being let off.
I think some of that kind of thinking still prevails today, if he looks like a crook then he must be a crook, these implanted thoughts take many generations to disappear altogether, I wonder how many innocent people were hanged just because they had the wrong face? Them old geezers of yore have a lot to answer for.
This is what a 'successful' type head should look like.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Aww Jem I have a thread in General Chat now. I do know about previous Jury films and stuff. Gosh what is that film?
I will think.
Thanks to Garrows Law, we have fairer systems these days .
Now I am annoyed that I can't remember the old film!!!
Twelve Good Men?????
Grrrrr can't think, I need wine. X
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Jembo, can't make any judgments about the character whose head profile is shown in your post, there is no frontal image so, most importantly, we can't see how close together his eyes are.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:40 PM

Spitty have you not heard about bumps in the night?
Eyes indeed.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

11-01-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Spitty have you not heard about bumps in the night?
Eyes indeed.

No, I've heard of Goose Bumps, and I used to "Bump" the odd thread.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:50 PM

Sweetie “Here come the Judge” was a song, maybe you were thinking about “Twelve angry Men” the film?
I still say a lot of folks judge others by appearances, even today.

Yes I remember that one Spitty “Beware of those who’s eyebrows meet, for in their heart there lies deceit”
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Sweetie “Here come the Judge” was a song, maybe you were thinking about “Twelve angry Men” the film?
I still say a lot of folks judge others by appearances, even today.

Yes I remember that one Spitty “Beware of those who’s eyebrows meet, for in their heart there lies deceit”
Yes Jem that is the film.
Thanks it was annoying me.

Eyebrows???
Pluck em.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 08:23 PM

Umm...if I may?...

I remember one film about a bloke trying to save his reputation by making one last attempt at being a defence attorney. It starred Paul Newman.
I think it was circa 1981/2??? Called 'The Verdict'-a really captivating film [sorry...'movie'] I thought. Also-if anyone ever watched 'Judge John Deed' [Martin Shaw] there was one episode in particular that was really BRILLIANT. It was called 'One Angry Man'-in which John Deed become a juror for a case,rather than a judge. REALLY worthwhile looking up and watching,if you like really good,plausible jury-room stuff.
The time I mentioned,when the others just wanted the 'pikey' convicted so they could go home,actually made me think of that episode. [sorry...do carry on]....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

11-01-2019, 11:14 PM

So many jurors, must be busting to check their lottery numbers, and zap off , regardless.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top