Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 12:23 PM

The dogs are still living with me.

My daughters dogs are still living with me after four months.
They were both 2 years old in December.
I still love them to bits but am finding it a little difficult sometimes as my health has deteriorated with the cold and damp and I have found five times now I have not been able to exercise them and have to let them play in the house and garden as I was struggling to breathe. Five missed walks in four months is not too bad though.

Having them with me is lovely company. Diego the little long haired one likes to cuddle with me of a night but Peaches the short haired one also wants my attention and if Diego is near me she tries to climb on my head and shoulders when I'm on the sofa and Diego is leaning on me. She has nipped him a couple of time when she gets jealous

Taking them out however is an nightmare. More of a chore rather than a pleasant walk. They dont like other dogs and bark non stop and if its a small dog can be quite threatening when around them. Again Peaches being the worst. I did manage to calm them down a little by having a water spray bottle which my daughter was advised to use by her dog trainer.

I have started to let them run free in the enclosed dog park but have to scramble to get them back on the lead when other dogs come into the enclosed area.

Although I love them to bits I am finding it difficult when I have chest pains or struggling to breath and think the fact theres two of them makes it harder as they play off each other, so when my daughter takes them back if I do get another dog it would just be one dog. A nice quiet well behaved greyhound like my previous dog would be better I think. Its a pity really as in some ways they are starting to put me off getting another dog.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top