Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:54 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
hot but thunderstorms that clear the air! and bring in the biting blood sucking marsh flies - 5 times larger than the common and garden fly!

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Part 1??? consisting of four or five measly lines!, I’m all aghast!
Sorry Gummy but we can’t let you away with that, you’ll have to change that from part 1 to “Introduction” Now get the lead out and start hitting those keys man, Christ we’ve been waiting long enough for that mountain to come to us, and we don’t want it shovel full by shovel full.

Really terrible those fires, I pray for the safety of all those affected by them.
Yes, Gummy you can do better than that. Do you have any pics?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:58 PM

I bought one of these bandana headphones for listening to audio books in bed, they are good because one can lie on ons’s side without the uncomfortableness of headphones, and those pesky little ear plug things are so ear sweating and feel like one has a gobstopper in ones ear. I am very pleased with my bandana phones I have to say.
I believe they have them built into wigs now, a bald man/woman can buy one of any colour/style and place it on the head, no wiring shows, the wiring is very narrow and laid under the canvas lining of the rug, and the speakers are located in the ‘hair’ just beside the ear, batteries last for eight hours after a full charge. Think of the joy you will have on Christmas day, you can listen to all your favourite music and block out the usual family noises, kids banging drums and blowing bugles, stupid parlour games Aunt Hilda’s party piece etc.,
It’s made by the Japanese Company “Ba”, a good name and gaining in popularity, a nice present for someone who wants to get away from it all but go nowhere this Christmas, it’s called “The Ba Hum-Rug”

Oh God! It’s worse I’m getting in me old age.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:20 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:40 PM

The bag is brewing, the pot is empty, this is a new era, for the Mug.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Listen baby, ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby
If you need me call me no matter where you are
No matter how far don't worry baby
Just call my name I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry
'Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you babe
Remember the day I set you free
I told you you could always count on me darling
From that day on, I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me
Some way, some how
'Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough
Oh no darling
No wind, no rain
Or winters cold can stop me baby, na na baby
'Cause you are my goal
If you're ever in trouble
I'll be there on the double
Just send for me, oh baby, ha
My love is alive
Way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double
Just as fast as I can
Don't you know that there
Ain't no mountain high enough
Don'tcha know that there
Ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't mountain high enough
Songwriters: Nickolas Ashford / Valerie Simpson
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 03:19 AM

...what about my causeway???
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
“climbing the mountains of Heung Keung”

Part I – there are 129 mountains listed [wiki- wiki – wiki – the lecturers almanac] I think I climbed four in all – well two by hands, feet and bumps a daisy and the other two by car for three quarters of the way and then by feet. Nine of them surround Kowloon thus the name gau [nine] lung [hill] ; however there are only eight in fact as the ninth refers to the emperor bing sung from whom Bing the crooner chose his name! [I put that bit in for Jem]. Tune in for the exciting Part II – our first adventure into the hinterland of the New Territories and the climb of Tai Mo Shan [957 m] If you don’t wish to then go and read ya Wikipedia instead; it’s much more confusing!
most people who visit HK only see the mountains of concrete ; the 'concrete jungle' - but there are thousands of hectares of rural countryside and for a boy with an insatiable urge to explore we were about to to that - the 2.2 family structure. The photos are long gone in the mish mash of the clashes and renderings of families dividing!

However I digress - trust me to take on the biggest first ; Tai Mo Shan - everybody said you must climb Tai Mo Shan - however what they actually meant was drive up the mountain which was a total excitement itself in a beat up old MM for the first 3/4 of its ascent and then walk the rest.

I took this photo 39 yrs ago and they still send me Xmas cards!!

it was an exciting climb and a bit scary because I didn't know if we would make it but slowly slowy we did. Parked the car and started to explore the countryside up there. we found other small lanes and a rock pool which we bathed in until my daughter spotted a black snake swimming with us - god did we fly out of that pool! there was also a catholic mini nunnery up there which didn't encourage too many visitors but if you'd had a reference and were catholic you were in - cup of tea and a stale biscuit!

The mountains of HK are all part of various 'national parks' for the enjoyment of the 6 million popn and there were barbecue sites where you could do your cooking. Coming down was just as scary!!

it can get quite misty up there too - so beware!

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Loved that Gummy, absolutely loved it. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 08:23 PM

You are so right there Gummy, most folks including me always think of Hong Kong as an overcrowded concrete jungle, I was surprised when I googled mountains in Hong Kong and seen the wonderful scenery around the city.
That back snake swimming alongside you was an omen of some kind, probably the devil, they say he follows us sinners around, had that been me I would have sought out a priest in the nunnery and made a good confession, just in case I fell off the mountain further up.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-12-2018, 08:25 PM

I think of shopping when I think of HK.
Sorry but that is the truth.
Me going up mountains - Not on your Nellie.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top