Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Obesity excuses

On the BBC News this morning, a rather large lady...
er, well, more like a baby hippopotamus with clothes on, was trying to assure us that her gross size is a disease and nothing to do with her lifestyle.

So, nothing to do with stuffing your face day in day out, then?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 12:28 PM

Re: Obesity excuses

Big boned?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 12:52 PM

It is calories in and calories out but what many don't seem to understand is you can eat a lot of calories in calorie dense things like cake and very few in celery. So they feel they aren't eating much at all. I know I was guilty of that for a long time, little slice of cake left me feeling hungry, but try and eat the same calories in celery and you remain full for ages. Protein also is important, two eggs fill me up for ages, two slices of toast I can burn through in no time and look for something else.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Excellent post Julie

I didn't see the article on the news but unless you have a serious medical condition there is no excuse for obesity. It's often laziness or lack of education and general ignorance about keeping your health in order that is the problem.
A good diet and adequate exercise is the key to a healthy lifestyle.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 06:18 PM

You don't know though if she did have a medical problem, I once knew a woman who was huge and it was down to her having Plastic Tubes inside her body to keep her alive.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 06:37 PM

This clip says it all.

Some Fatties might not agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqi7kP_Xb34
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 07:07 AM

It is not all to do with lifestyle as metabolism & build has a big influence. We all have different metabolisms. I say this because I don't think I could ever be obese no matter how many burger and chip suppers I could eat. I might get out of shape but I would really struggle to put on more than a stone. Some people only have to look at a cake and their waistline expands.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 08:15 AM

I've seen a few "My 600 lb life" programmes (yes, I was that bored) and without exception all the enormously obese Americans blamed everyone from God to being abused as a child for their state. Not one of them took any responsibility whatsoever.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 08:26 AM

All these super fat people have enablers .
If they can't move out of their rooms how can they eat six meals a day .
In many ways their loved ones are killing them .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Well I have that fat gene...I'm sure of it...little buggars they are
Seriously I think some people do put weight on much more easily than others...a good pal of mine is five foot nothing and a size 8 she eats like a horse.... truly she never puts weight on..... not fair really. ( I trip her up when she's not looking) ......joking ....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top