Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 08:40 PM

Re: No-deal Brexit impacts

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
No doubt that the Government may also considering how they will fare in the Election, which follows not to far behind.

I'd be surprised if they didn't spot that the biggest turn out ever resulted in a majority for leave.

If they think through what the public will most concerned about they might even spot that the majority are embarrassed by the way this government has run the whole thing.

They will also be angry that they were lied to ("Out Means Out, "No deal is better than a bad deal", etc)

For all of your arguments, nothing is likely to concern the Tories more than losing that election.

Right now, I'd hazard a guess that Labour will win......if they play the right hand...and many of these discussions will be screwed because that was not planned for.

Watch out for the Tories swinging round to get behind the leave thinkers.

And about time!
Your are probably right they will consider possible impacts on general elections and the Conservative party members do prefer no deal to May’s deal. Whether they prefer no deal to no Brexit is another matter. The will also consider current opinion polls which seem to suggest leaving is less popular than it was 2 years ago.

Nothing I say or do will influence whatever the outcome will be but I do find it quite amusing when people churn out those inane empty sound bytes “project fear” and “thwarting the will of the people” rather than compose a considered response as you have done
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 09:08 PM

Hi

It is all about staying in power as far as our MPs are concerned.

Running the country is secondary.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

As is giving a toss about the general hard working tax paying public.........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
As is giving a toss about the general hard working tax paying public.........
Fortunately, it is the hard working, tax paying public who have the casting votes.

I just hope they have a long memory. Well, for three years anyway.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:38 AM

Hi

They watch their own backs like they always have done. How many politicians actually care about any of us?

Remainers are the priveleged rich.
Brexiteers are working for a living.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:11 AM

Hi

Our MPs are now demanding police protection outside Parliament because of unruly demonstrations.

What did they expect?

They set the tone with their playground scenes inside Parliament.

They have messed up Brexit big time, what did they expect?

Totally out of touch with real life.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:22 AM

Hi

Our MPs are now demanding police protection outside Parliament because of unruly demonstrations.

What did they expect?

woo ... might get down there with my camera today

HERE are a few I took just before xmas.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:58 AM

Hi

What did they expect?

No one should expect that.

It seems that non peaceful demonstration or the threat of such action seems to be an accepted practice by leave voters. We have already had one case where it has been taken to it’s extreme.

This is, or I thought was a country that permitted freedom of speech and opinion within the bounds of common decency and law.

This freedom allowed the eurosceptics to voice their opinion without recrimination since the first UK joined the EEC. This is a democratic right.

Why do leave voters want to deny the right to free speach and opinion and and try to intimidate those who hold different view to their own.

The referendum does not remove the right for people to hold and express views that are counter to the result. That also includes MP’s
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-01-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
No one should expect that.

It seems that non peaceful demonstration or the threat of such action seems to be an accepted practice by leave voters. We have already had one case where it has been taken to it’s extreme.

This is, or I thought was a country that permitted freedom of speech and opinion within the bounds of common decency and law.

This freedom allowed the eurosceptics to voice their opinion without recrimination since the first UK joined the EEC. This is a democratic right.

Why do leave voters want to deny the right to free speach and opinion and and try to intimidate those who hold different view to their own.

The referendum does not remove the right for people to hold and express views that are counter to the result. That also includes MP’s
Hi

I have to say it both sides which are guilty.

Anna Soubry, a remainer, was called a Nazi.

I have been labelled a xenophobic little englander by some remainers.

I am neither, nor am I stupid.

The EU was simply not for me, the last straw being Merkel.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:16 AM

Hi

I have to say it both sides which are guilty.

Anna Soubry, a remainer, was called a Nazi.

I have been labelled a xenophobic little englander by some remainers.

I am neither, nor am I stupid.

The EU was simply not for me, the last straw being Merkel.
Exactly right.

Abuse is rife on both sides. No one has claimed the moral high ground.

You may have have noticed my own battle, on this forum, with Solasch.

He effectively called me a Nazi claiming my posts led him to that position.

Like Soubry, I refused to engage with the accusation by denyiny it and demanded the evidence..........None forthcoming!

When Solasch failed in that that I asked for an apology.............None forthcoming.

Soubry and I are on different sides of the Brexit argument but we both know that throwing out false and unsubstantiated slurs such as Nazi, xenophobe and racist is fundamentally wrong and a false narrative and we will not tolerate that .

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top