Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 12:05 AM

JuiceJumbo Marshmallow Bluetooth Speaker only £5 In Sainsbury’s.

I was in Sainsbury’s today and saw this little black speaker reduced from £15 to £5. They are £16+ on Amazon.
They are only the size of a tennis ball but quite loud. They come with a carry strap, a pouch, and a micro USB to USB cable to charge it.
I like a speaker to listen to podcasts and music from my iPhone and iPad, say in my kitchen and the speaker can just go on the work top and l can hear it better.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	069999A0-CBEC-4EDE-A534-E11491818C8E.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	8652  
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 12:25 AM

Re: JuiceJumbo Marshmallow Bluetooth Speaker only £5 In Sainsbury’s.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was in Sainsbury’s today and saw this little black speaker reduced from £15 to £5. They are £16+ on Amazon.
They are only the size of a tennis ball but quite loud. They come with a carry strap, a pouch, and a micro USB to USB cable to charge it.
I like a speaker to listen to podcasts and music from my iPhone and iPad, say in my kitchen and the speaker can just go on the work top and l can hear it better.
Blimey! I've got one of those. It cost me £25 on Ebay three years ago.
Wish I'd waited now to see if Tesco would get some in and charge only £5! You live and learn.
Enjoy it Art. I use mine at work when I'm working alone. Keeps me from going totally round the twist!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Blimey! I've got one of those. It cost me £25 on Ebay three years ago.
Wish I'd waited now to see if Tesco would get some in and charge only £5! You live and learn.
Enjoy it Art. I use mine at work when I'm working alone. Keeps me from going totally round the twist!
Floydy, £25? I did really well then! You wouldn’t think you could get so much sound out of something so small!
I already have a Jam Platinum Bluetooth speaker that’s really good. I would love a Bose speaker but l wouldn’t pay £149 or so for one!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 01:05 AM

Floydy, £25? I did really well then! You wouldn’t think you could get so much sound out of something so small!
I already have a Jam Platinum Bluetooth speaker that’s really good. I would love a Bose speaker but l wouldn’t pay £149 or so for one!
I'd like an Alexa that you just shout at and it plays anything. Maybe next year.

Art, the Juice speaker is awesome. I link an mp3 player to mine with enough songs to keep me entertained all night long. It's ideal because I don't like using headphones as they aggravate my tinnitus.
Thanks for this though. I'm going to see if they have any left at Tesco tomorrow. I could use a spare one at home
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2019, 01:17 AM

I'd like an Alexa that you just shout at and it plays anything. Maybe next year.

Art, the Juice speaker is awesome. I link an mp3 player to mine with enough songs to keep me entertained all night long. It's ideal because I don't like using headphones as they aggravate my tinnitus.
Thanks for this though. I'm going to see if they have any left at Tesco tomorrow. I could use a spare one at home
Tesco? It was Sainsbury’s l got mine from.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-02-2019, 01:35 AM

Tesco? It was Sainsbury’s l got mine from.
Lol! Yes. Just testing you there Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2019, 01:43 AM

Lol! Yes. Just testing you there Art
Yeah Right! I believe you!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 02:19 AM

Coincidentally, the latest Which magazine has a review of Bluetooth/wireless speakers and what is surprising is that price doesn't always get you the best and a name is no guarantee of quality:

The Samsung R5 £300.00 is top with 89%

The Naim Audio Mu-so Qb £599.00 is 4th with 88%

The Ultimate Ears Boom 2 £69.00 is 9th with 86%

The highest Bose is the SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker II £139.00 with 78%

The next highest Bose is the SoundLink Revolve + £255.00 with 67%

Jam speakers get around 60%.

There are no reviews for JuiceJumbo

Reading this thread and the Which articles has definitely got me thinking about a new portable speaker (or two) .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 09:14 AM

There' me seeing the title and thinking, "That's a bit expensive for a pudding!"
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Coincidentally, the latest Which magazine . . . .
I learned not to put any faith at all in Which? Magazine reviews. I believe they are hugely biased and that money must be passing hands somewhere along the line.

The clincher was PVRs. No matter how often I saw them review those, they would always find the Sky Plus boxes to be the best enen though those boxes were:

~ Massively underpowered compared to other boxes
~ Only had 2 tuners where others had more
~ Only had tiny hard disks compared to competitors
~ Could only record 2 channels where competitors could record 3+ channels

and so on

It was so obvious that Sky was paying them for the reviews imho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top