Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Rediscovering

I have been going through my stack of CDs recently, some of them i have thoroughly enjoyed rediscovering after many years. Tony Christie for example, much underrated in my view.
The Travelling Wilburys, which included George Harrison and Roy Orbison among others, only made two or possibly three albums, James Last, very popular with people of a certain age.
UB40 and the distinctive voice of Ali Campbell. I must dig deeper into my collection later today and see what other musical gems I can rediscover.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Re: Rediscovering

Does anyone remember Moondog?

I have one of his LPs, (1969), which I bought some time in the 70s. They were very avant-garde at the time.

I recently googled him and realised that I had known very little about him at the time. I had just liked the music.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 11:02 AM

I'm rediscovering stuff on Youtube all the time, and sometimes reading and understanding the lyrics of songs from 40 or 50 years ago for the first time. I go through phases, most recently, rediscovering the Small Faces hits.

I rarely play any CDs, not really liking background music anymore.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 11:30 AM

A while back I played Jethro Tull's Aqualung through from beginning to end for the first time in years. I had forgotten just what an absolutely brilliant album it is, not a duff moment on it. This still shapes my view of things...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:21 PM

I came across my Manhattan Transfer CDs and also some Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass stuff today. Who knows what I shall dig up next?? Rosemary Clooney? Petula Clark? Ray Davies & The Button Down Brass? They're all in there somewhere.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-02-2019, 03:37 PM

Matt Monro. Another terrific and mellow voice from the past. Portrait Of My Love, Softly As I Leave You, Walk Away and of course Born Free. The idea of going through my CD stack was to start pruning them down. Not got rid of any yet!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 08:01 PM

I always find it weird when you play a CD that you have not heard for many years and the songs you used to know word for word now sound unrecognisable. After a few plays though and it all comes back. I love Tony Christie btw. I often wonder who this Maria was he was always singing about.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top