Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Re: Voting ban for those over retirement age

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'd be quite happy as I have no idea if any party are worth voting for in the next election. I'd like someone to say I can't drive after a certain age as I hate it, they'd have to provide decent transport though, not sack trucks.
It's their future, let them mess it up.
I'm confident that's what will happen.

And, of course, that they'll blame us for voting for Brexit!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
That is confusing. If the now ex Labour MP's are Independent, they are surely no longer MP's , unless their constituents vote for them again, as Independent Candidates ? Or is that one of those little loop holes that keeps them safe in a job ?
They were elected personally by their constituents.

If they are now independents, they have still been elected. If their constituents are not happy, they could push for a by-election.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:33 PM

Hi

A view I hear a lot.

You lot did not pay enough for your Pensions.

You did not have to pay for your education, we do and have massive loans to pay off.

You lot have a Triple Lock on your Pensions, no such thing on our wages.

You lot can retire years earlier than we can.

It is about time you lot took some of the pain.

They have a point.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:46 PM

Er ... I beg to differ Swims.

Who paid for their education? Who funded the NHS to pay for their health care?
Granted, they're trying to find their own way in a harsh world ... but so did we.

One noticeable difference nowadays is many young uns' often have fairly affluent parents (compared to the previous generation) who buffer them financially, unlike our generation who relied on personal ambition and good budgeting skills to make our own way.
It's true ... this young generation, in many ways, have never had it so good.
My Gran used to say the same about me and my generation, of course, been a youngster then I didn't believe her though she was right.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wot a lot of codswallop!
Well said that man!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Granted, they're trying to find their own way in a harsh world ... but so did we.

One noticeable difference nowadays is many young uns' often have fairly affluent parents (compared to the previous generation) who buffer them financially, unlike our generation who relied on personal ambition and good budgeting skills to make our own way.
My Gran used to say the same about me and my generation, of course, been a youngster then I didn't believe her though she was right.
Exactly. This generation have a sense of entitlement having never had to do without. All the latest electronics supplied without question, a (usually) comfortable lifestyle in a nice home all supplied never having to work for their `pocket-money`, by those those they're reviling now. Wonder how they'd cope in the real world?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A view I hear a lot.

You lot did not pay enough for your Pensions.

You did not have to pay for your education, we do and have massive loans to pay off.

You lot have a Triple Lock on your Pensions, no such thing on our wages.

You lot can retire years earlier than we can.

It is about time you lot took some of the pain.

They have a point.
I don't often disagree with you Swims - but what a load of complete and utter bollox.
Sorry, but much of today's youth are simply spoilt entitled brats.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Totally agree Morty (good to see you back btw..... )
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 10:14 PM

There are no more young people in politics than usual, it's just that we are older and just think they are younger, same with doctors and policemen.....
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There are no more young people in politics than usual, it's just that we are older and just think they are younger, same with doctors and policemen.....
And possibly there is an argument that kids shouldn’t be allowed to go to uni and come out straight into politics or indeed teaching , that ‘life’ also teaches you things and you shouldn’t be allowed in either of these professions until you have worked in the workplace until at least 35 years of age ..

Quite how David Cameron ( a millionare the day he was born ) Eton private educated could ever ever know what it’s like to get up every morning at 5 am to go do a 12 hour shift ....
how a teacher at the age of 22 is equipped to set kids and guide them for a LIFETIME in industry having never actually done a days real work in her life is beyond me

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top