Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Re: Taking benefits from poorly people

Ok, so your friend is sick, too sick you think that she shouldn't be working and from what I see, her sick entitlement from employment has ended? ( no more sick notes accepted comment)

Now from what I know, all areas are now UC areas, which Im not au fait about, which is why she needs to get herself down to the CAB and allow them to guide her into claiming what benefits she is entitled to. The UC is a minefield and she really does need expert help. If she is as poorly as you say ( and I don't for a minute disbelieve you ) the help is there but she needs the CAB to help her get it

Please tell her this and please encourage her to make that appointment
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's awful PD. What is this country coming to if it cannot help the most helpless? Your son is lucky to have you. So many have nobody.

If they want people to work then they should force employers take a quota of the mentally and physically ill and to make allowances for their conditions. That's the only way they will make it work. If people with medical conditions are given the opportunity to work with full support then most would choose to work. But there is no process for this just as with most things. It's not like those with such debilitating conditions are as resourceful as the rest of us.
These are the terrible situations arising. How anyone copes with the ongoing dilemma like that I surely do not know.
The suicide rate will start to increase, and the Government will have an inquiry as to why?
I was horrified to see on the Government website, they actually suggest that if people are hungry, they should go to the food banks ! My Lord, the Big Society eh ? If it happened here, to someone on their own with no money, they'd have to walk 5 miles to the ruddy foodbank , and then 5 miles back!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:09 PM

There's no blinking common sense applied. It's all a tick box exercise.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There's no blinking common sense applied. It's all a tick box exercise.
and 'targets'
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:13 PM

CAB are the people to see, also write to MP. Universal Credit is not in every area yet.
If your friend is on FB there are groups full of advice.

Don't give up, that's what they count on.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:19 PM

It ain't all about support structures and entitlement, seen enough of that, its about individuals, and what is possible.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:33 PM

well if she has no immediate family LQ then you're the one - girth to it lady!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
and 'targets'
It's so difficult to support an individual in this situation. It's deliberately hard. Makes my blood boil. All these headlines about knife deaths but what about ordinary people struggling to survive on nothing?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-02-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well if she has no immediate family LQ then you're the one - girth to it lady!
You don't understand what that means Gumbud.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I feel very sorry for her, and can empathise. My son has just had his benefit stopped.
'Maximus 'tick boxes, probably find the Assessors are being paid for every one they knock back.
I now have the problem of keeping two of us on a single pension.
His benefit was only ESA (employment support allowance) as he would not apply for anything else, but he has mental health diagnosis of schizophrenia, and I know he is unfit to work alongside others. It would clearly be putting others at risk.
So who is to blame if he has an outburst ?
My son won't challenge the decision because that is part of his illness. Stress and anxiety crucify him. Would you believe he used to care on his own for 10 (ten)paranoid schizophrenics in one house for 12 hours a night. It eventually sent him over the edge.

Maximus do not ask about medical records, and make their assumption on the day. As we know all people have good days and bad days and anyone who is ill will try to put their best foot forward, which in these cases, is not beneficial to them.
The costs of all the tribunals and admin staff (prob on £25,000 per annum) will surely be enormous.

There have been cases of people in the last stages of cancer having their benefits stopped. One man died before he was able to appeal and there are many .
It would seem that nobody is allowed to be ill any longer, and this is cruelty and Amber Rudd should be confronted instead of bragging about how many people they have got back into work. They are picking on the wrong ones now.
Very sorry for your friend maybe her doctor could help and release her medical records but she must be beside herself.

Circus Maximus certainly lives up to it's name , throwing all to the lions !
You should be eligible for Carers/Attendance Allowance, PD.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top