Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: At last my ENT appointment is here!

Good luck with your visit to the hospital Floydy.....I said....Oh never mind....

Seriously though, I hope you get some answers....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 11:07 AM

I hope they get you sorted Floydy.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Cheers all This is how it went:

I was only waiting around ten minutes (it took me 20 to find a parking space!) and was ushered in to see a very helpful doctor (with two nurses present also) who asked me lots of questions about my ear history, though he had obviously read up on this prior to my seeing him. he was thorough and serious but pleasant as well. I mentioned that I now get ear infections after syringing and was worried about this and also that my tinnitus aggravates them too.

After prodding around in both ears I was asked to lie down and he commenced a procedure which I found out was the suction technique which I found out about last time I went for my ear syringe. It was an interesting method he used and after about five minutes I was done, my ears cleaned.

He did mention that in time I may need a hearing aid and also that my ear canals are not "closing up" as I thought but to stay away from Otex and sudden loud noises. [If they are sudden, how will I know? lol]

I feel no real difference at the moment but I'm much better than I was just after Christmas when it was intolerable.
I now have a regular ear cleaning planned at the clinic every six months which should help me tremendously.

I briefly mentioned my other complaint which affected me in the new year which was my horrendous coughing fits and reflux, but that has subsided due to taking antibiotics and occasional Pepto-type mixture, so I didn't complicate matters by going any further with this issue for now.

Thanks all
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Glad you got good results Flyody.

I had that Suction technique last year on both my ears, but was quite painful for me and now I have two hearing aids, left and right, but at least the pain has gone.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Glad you got good results Flyody.

I had that Suction technique last year on both my ears, but was quite painful for me and now I have two hearing aids, left and right, but at least the pain has gone.
Oh dear. Are your hearing aids due to an adverse reaction to the suction, Susie?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:13 AM

No Floydy,

I had a swollen gland on the lefthand side of my face and Bells Palsy in the righthand side and ended up in Hospital for 4 days, this was only last year and the swollen gland was due to an Infection and they could not see my ear drums so had to clean my ears, I was then put on loads of Antibiotics and Steriods.

After they had done everything they realised I could not hear properly and I had to go for an hearing test within the Hospital and ended up with two hearing aids.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Hi Floydy, I missed this thread. I'm glad the procedure went well and that at least you get some partial relief.

Not good that you had to wait so long, though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-02-2019, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hi Floydy, I missed this thread. I'm glad the procedure went well and that at least you get some partial relief.

Not good that you had to wait so long, though.
Thanks Ffosse.
The thing that impressed me most was when they told me I would get a letter every six months for a new check up. Saves me going through all the hassle of booking ear syringes with the doc's and the subsequent infections I'm now prone to.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 05:59 PM

Yes, everything's computerised now; I get all my medical letters on my laptop. I get an email directing me to a pdf of the letter.

At first I worried that I wouldn't get a physical letter I could carry about but you could always print them out.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-02-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, everything's computerised now; I get all my medical letters on my laptop. I get an email directing me to a pdf of the letter.

At first I worried that I wouldn't get a physical letter I could carry about but you could always print them out.
Technology has its benefits. It's when it all goes t!ts up the problems occur...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top