Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 10:43 AM

La La Land

Just caught up with this one recently shown on TV. I wonder what all the fuss was about. It nearly won best picture at the Oscars a year or so ago, until a mistake was made, and the award went to other movie. I found it empty, no chemistry between the two leads, and basically uninteresting . I gave it 40 mins of my valuable time, before I pulled the plug. The wife loves musicals, but even she got fed up with it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 10:59 AM

Re: La La Land

I was blackmailed into going to see it John, if I went to see La La Land with Mrs Fox she would come to see a science fiction film [Passengers] with me....I thought La La Land was a lot to do about nothing but put on a brave face. 'Passengers' I thought was brilliant, even Mrs Fox enjoyed it. If you get a chance to see it don't resist....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 11:27 AM

Bad reviews on Amazon, so will not go on my wish list for Christmas.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I was blackmailed into going to see it John, if I went to see La La Land with Mrs Fox she would come to see a science fiction film [Passengers] with me....I thought La La Land was a lot to do about nothing but put on a brave face. 'Passengers' I thought was brilliant, even Mrs Fox enjoyed it. If you get a chance to see it don't resist....
I've seen Passengers too Foxy, yes a really good movie, with a rather sad ending. I like sci fi too, and her indoors also loved that movie. God knows how they thought La La Land was worthy of an oscar!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 01:15 PM

I liked it, saw it when it first came out. Maybe because I like soppy films occasionally.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Just caught up with this one recently shown on TV. I wonder what all the fuss was about. It nearly won best picture at the Oscars a year or so ago, until a mistake was made, and the award went to other movie. I found it empty, no chemistry between the two leads, and basically uninteresting . I gave it 40 mins of my valuable time, before I pulled the plug. The wife loves musicals, but even she got fed up with it.
I didn't think it worth all the hyp either, pleasant enough, songs were mediocre, but not a brilliant film. I did watch most of it, inbetween doing other things. Stupid ending though. Was glad I'd not bothered to see it in the cinema.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 04:51 PM

The mistake with this film was that they cast actors rather than singers and dancers who could have made it something special.

It was quite a yawn, but I did so enjoy the scene at my beloved Griffith observatory. It's a gem in the middle of the Los Angeles urbanscape.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 06:02 PM

I started to watch it but switched off, it was rubbish and couldn't understand the hype. I am a huge musical fan but that didn't do it for me at all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
The mistake with this film was that they cast actors rather than singers and dancers who could have made it something special.

It was quite a yawn, but I did so enjoy the scene at my beloved Griffith observatory. It's a gem in the middle of the Los Angeles urbanscape.
So it was you I saw in the white lab coat......
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:17 PM

I really enjoyed it at the cinema when it came out but when I tried to watch it again on the telly I switched off. I suppose the theme of the story is emptiness. You strive to attain something that gives your life meaning and you find that you have lost all that gives you that. I found the twist in the tale was the best bit. I also found it profoundly sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top