Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Re: La La Land

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really enjoyed it at the cinema when it came out but when I tried to watch it again on the telly I switched off. I suppose the theme of the story is emptiness. You strive to attain something that gives your life meaning and you find that you have lost all that gives you that. I found the twist in the tale was the best bit. I also found it profoundly sad.
One of the reasons I like to see new movies at the cinema Annie, they seem to lose a lot of meaning and magic on the telly..... Small screens, rubbish sound the rattling of tea cups, and Mrs fox asking me to explain Brexit again....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One of the reasons I like to see new movies at the cinema Annie, they seem to lose a lot of meaning and magic on the telly..... Small screens, rubbish sound the rattling of tea cups, and Mrs fox asking me to explain Brexit again....
I can certainly see how that would ruin a good movie!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So it was you I saw in the white lab coat......
More likely spying down from the Hugo Ballin ceiling.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top