Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 04:31 AM

Re: Max and us

Adorable boy and a precious girl! They look so happy together.

Not much better in life than a great dog - or four - as the case may be!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 08:34 PM

Today was a bit hectic.We walked as we do and managed to avoid the downpours. This afternoon it was off to the groomer. That was a bit of a challenge. I can't drive because of my cataracts so we have to take a taxi.

The one driver who will take dogs was not available for his appointed time this morning but the groomer was flexible and it got rescheduled for afternoon.

We are moving in about a week to meet the agreed completion date but contracts were not completed until today. Lots of things to do changing addresses, organising the packers, removers, utilities,

Tomorrow I'm off to hospital for surgery and on Friday we are off to the vet.

Fun week.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 02:24 PM

Glassoline Alley.....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Today was a bit hectic.We walked as we do and managed to avoid the downpours. This afternoon it was off to the groomer. That was a bit of a challenge. I can't drive because of my cataracts so we have to take a taxi.

The one driver who will take dogs was not available for his appointed time this morning but the groomer was flexible and it got rescheduled for afternoon.

We are moving in about a week to meet the agreed completion date but contracts were not completed until today. Lots of things to do changing addresses, organising the packers, removers, utilities,

Tomorrow I'm off to hospital for surgery and on Friday we are off to the vet.

Fun week.
Good luck with the move Besso. x

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Glassoline Alley.....

Lovely photo. xxxx
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

10-03-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good luck with the move Besso. x

Lovely photo. xxxx
Thank you kindly, Sweet Pea.

Yes, he is photogenic. And a really very good dog. A big, gentle, handsome beast. Attentive, obedient.
A little tail from yesterday afternoon.

Our house fronts on to a green Two little girls, a neighbour's children, were sitting there when I got back with Max. He sat with them for a while and they fussed over him. I let them be. It isn't something of which dog behaviourist approve and I quite understand that.

If other children want to fuss over him I tell they have to get their parent's nod.

Anyway, when it was time for the little girls to go home they walked Max back into our house. A testament to all. They are very polite, that whole family is.
And Max is Max.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 06:04 PM

Lovely story Besso, and a lovely thread. X
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I think if I ever got a dog I'd get a Welsh border collie
They seem to have a calm temperament and seem loyal and intelligent

(I hope it is a wb collie.. Now that it's typed forever!)
I believe ‘the border ‘ is England /Scotland if it’s the same breed you are referring to as I have ..and whilst Samson is nearly 9 now I have no regrets in my choice of best mate whatsoever however I would say border collies aren’t for the feint hearted and whilst they carry the best dog, most loyal , most intelligent, most this that and the other breed ... it all comes at a cost and unless you are 100% active outdoors in all weathers then try a different breed easier on your legs !
They are a natural working dog and want to ‘work’ 24/7 as they have such active mind and spirit ... no where in their book does it say ‘relaxing day ‘ and they get bored after a minutes silence so whilst I’m not saying don’t I am saying as celine Dion once said THINK TWICE

https://youtu.be/QQCQyyEYONc

https://youtu.be/HtlhLfq-csg

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F6CAA9AC-9491-4568-B97B-CD8AA630CF63.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	8977   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA734A27-71D4-4608-AD73-4B6E30C63CF5.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	8978   Click image for larger version

Name:	BDE85F40-5757-40D8-8892-966879BCC5D7.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	8980  
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 07:08 PM

Still miss my two brothers Pooh and Benji....both had to be put down a few weeks apart aged 16 Awful to lose a friend...losing both was heartbreaking.
Wonderful memories though.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 07:17 PM

Lovely pics .
Border collies are wonderful
My rescue dog Mungo we have had him for just over a year now.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

10-03-2019, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Lovely story Besso, and a lovely thread. X
Thank you SP. The reference to Glassoline Alley was the amount of broken glass there. It's route from the local convince store to a chav estate.

We won't miss that.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top