Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:27 PM

Re: Air travel

Originally Posted by galty ->
Started doing this last year..

One of the smaller bags with wheels on I can get all my 2 week holiday clothes in and I put it as all other passengers do in the locker above my seat on the plane.

No need to wait around for an hour+ till your bag is unloaded.
You obviously don’t go away out of summer season if you can get two weeks clothes into a small case .
Example .
easyJet Hand Luggage Allowance. Each passenger is allowed only one piece of hand baggage on-board. The easyJet hand luggage size is 56 x 45 x 25 cm including the wheels and any handles
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Do you lock your suitcase when flying? Is that just to specific country's or all?

I see there are USA approved padlocks which customs can open if they wish without otherwise breaking padlocks - how necessary is this?
They think it’s necessary so you have to abide by their rules .
I don’t see a problem .
Never travel anywhere myself without a lock in place .
Why would you ?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:57 PM

If you don't use a TSA recognized lock and they decide they want to inspect your bag they will just cut the lock with bolt cutters.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 04:11 PM

I purchased TSA approved combo locks to travel, and they are very easy to use. It gives airport security access easily, but also keeps your things safe while in hotels when you leave the room. Money well spent with minimal inconvenience.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 04:50 PM

We attach cable ties to our cases.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top