Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:47 PM

Have You Had a Cold this Winter?

I've got a streamer now, with a lack of appetite. Also, I suddenly can't get to sleep, partly due I think to breathing problems when lying down and my head being "messed up", especially when I close my eyes. Normally I have no problem at all getting off to sleep.

I'm not liking this at all, especially the sleep problems. I keep nodding off on the sofa but every time I go to bed I can't go off. Apart from 4am today to 6.20.

I don't remember colds being this bad (but may have forgotten).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Re: Have You Had a Cold this Winter?

I've had more colds this past year than ever. I rarely got colds, if I did start to feel one coming I would take vit C and zinc and they'd go very quickly. That doesn't work now, I get really nasty ones.
I have a sore throat at the moment which is the start of a virus that's going around.
I don't know why this year is different except that I moved house a year ago.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:00 PM

No,not this year,I take one each of vit b complex,vit e,high strength vit d,and two chewable vit c...so far ..so good.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:19 PM

I had one just after the New Year, it lasted a few weeks too.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I've got a streamer now, with a lack of appetite. Also, I suddenly can't get to sleep, partly due I think to breathing problems when lying down and my head being "messed up", especially when I close my eyes. Normally I have no problem at all getting off to sleep.

I'm not liking this at all, especially the sleep problems. I keep nodding off on the sofa but every time I go to bed I can't go off. Apart from 4am today to 6.20.

I don't remember colds being this bad (but may have forgotten).
Sounds like you have caught the virus that’s afflicted me for more days than I care to think about .
So I know exactly what you mean about your head being messed about ! Like you I’m usually fine getting off to sleep but not with this . Mine began with problems thinking . I couldn’t quite make out why I couldn’t think properly , as if I could t focus on what I was doing . That passed and a cough developed and what an annoying one . Not too bad sitting up in bed but as soon as I tried to lower myself. , it was non stop .
I couldn’t go out in all that lovely weather .
Y only medication if you call it that has been sucking honey and menthol sweets for the breathing .
Day after day no let up. The head did go better for which I was truly thankful !
Now the cough is loose.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Sounds like you haven't been looking after your immune system over the winter Gravitas.

Plus its quite possible you might have made the condition much worse and prolonged by perhaps taking paracetamol or neurofen or aspirin in one form or another. Either direct tablets or in cold/flu remedy products like decongestants, syrups, night nurse and so on. Would that be the case?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 03:14 PM

An early one this year, way back in November. But no doubt I'll get another dose before Spring arrives properly.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 03:19 PM

Touch wood, Ive survived winter with not as much as a sniffle
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 03:26 PM

No comment, I'm not tempting fate!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No comment, I'm not tempting fate!
Very wise .....the best places to catch one is in the Doc's/Hospital waiting room...so I just don't go there

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top