Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 07:38 PM

Re: They're not listening again

Perhaps the immigrants should be housed next door to said MP's.
That may make them think twice.

I'm fed up with us becoming the immigrant dumping ground of the world.
And as stated, yet again MP's take no notice whatsoever of the electorate.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 06:35 AM

perhaps they want them in cos they know the "rest of you lazy bastwards" are too lazy to work these days [ metaphorically speakin of course]

isn't that's wot happened after WWII?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 12:37 PM

I get a bit fed up with is brits being called lazy, most people I know are working more than one job to keep a roof above their heads or working full time and training at the same time. Where or who are these lazy people ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well one thing I do agree with them about is easing the employment restrictions. It always seems people moan about benefits asylum seekers get but unless we let them work they have to claim benefit. Perhaps if they could work and weren't reliant on benefits they would be more welcome, might be just the thing makes people more compassionate.
Terrific, Let's invite the whole African Continent!. especially those who intend to come just for the generous benefits that they can only dream of back home, come over, get a National Insurance number, take any job for a couple of months, quit or get sacked, straight to the Job Centre and Housing Benefit Office, Bingo!

Even more to add to our evermore overburdened services.

Great thinking. NOT!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
perhaps they want them in cos they know the "rest of you lazy bastwards" are too lazy to work these days [ metaphorically speakin of course]

gumbud, I know your country suffered great losses during WWII, but I don't ever recall YOUR country being bombed almost to oblivion for over 5 years on the go, so think you have a bloody nerve to say that the British were lazy b....s after the war. Or did you just mention it to get a reaction such as mine? Either way, put a bar of soap in your mouth!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Terrific, Let's invite the whole African Continent!. especially those who intend to come just for the generous benefits that they can only dream of back home, come over, get a National Insurance number, take any job for a couple of months, quit or get sacked, straight to the Job Centre and Housing Benefit Office, Bingo!

Even more to add to our evermore overburdened services.

Great thinking. NOT!
Or, if they are genuinely asylum seekers. perhaps it would make sense for the government to re-route the aid money, which we pay straight into the pockets of the aid country racketeers, such that it stays here and pays for the wages, the housing, the health care, etc., which we all, currently, have to fund as well.

That way, the books might balance and we might even feel that the aid is doing some good.

Trouble is, we might still feel that these migrants are just an opportunity for employers to dodge the minimum earned wages of the UK workers.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->

You quote "Isn,t that,s what happened after WW2" did not go down too well with your's truly.

I clearly remember notices on factory gates just after the war
"Hands wanted. No ex servicemen".
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Can I nominate this thread (one among many) for the Alf Garnett Award for casual racism?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-03-2019, 02:48 PM

OldFogey, Err, would that award be for the remark about the lazy British? or the fact that we should be able to state openly that we cannot possibly cope with an open door policy for African asylum seekers? You didn't state which.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Can I nominate this thread (one among many) for the Alf Garnett Award for casual racism?
Hi

No you cannot.

We take in 20,000 genuine refugees a year, all checked and verified before they arrive.

These people are genuine refugees, pose no threat to us at all.

They have no money at all and are taken direct from the Refugee camps.

Many of them are not Muslim and many are those who have helped our Troops abroad.

It is only right and proper that we should take them.

We should not take a single one of the Economic Migrants who can afford to pay £3000 to cross the Channel.

Who has decided that we should and not return them to France?

Non other than Theresa May.

EU Immigration is falling, Non EU Immigration is rising,

She is importing Radical Muslims, and you lot trust her with Brexit and taking back Control.

Mad as Hatters, the lot of you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top