Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 03:21 PM

Re: They're not listening again

Swimmy, what do you mean "and you lot trust her with Brexit and taking back Control." Would you mind telling us what we are meant to do about it? Apart from contacting our MP, (which a lot of us have), we are just helpless plebs that have voted what we want but cannot do a blessed thing about the decisions taken over the last 2.3/4 years since the Referendum.

I suggest your take your anger out on the treacherous MP's, along with Theresa May and her sheer incompetence, but no use wagging your finger at us.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
You quote "Isn,t that,s what happened after WW2" did not go down too well with your's truly.

I clearly remember notices on factory gates just after the war
"Hands wanted. No ex servicemen".
I had a father and 8 uncles all came back from WWII and all got work - mind you we were in affluent Liverpool which never got bombed at all!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 08:50 AM

After the war, I think folks were sort of promised they wouldn't have to work for peanuts, but, going Global changed all that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
After the war, I think folks were sort of promised they wouldn't have to work for peanuts, but, going Global changed all that.
nah couldn't get a hand on peanuts at all in the 'pool - they were a luxury!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
OldFogey, Err, would that award be for the remark about the lazy British? or the fact that we should be able to state openly that we cannot possibly cope with an open door policy for African asylum seekers? You didn't state which.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Terrific, Let's invite the whole African Continent!. especially those who intend to come just for the generous benefits that they can only dream of back home, come over, get a National Insurance number, take any job for a couple of months, quit or get sacked, straight to the Job Centre and Housing Benefit Office, Bingo!

Even more to add to our evermore overburdened services.

Great thinking. NOT!
Umm I never said everyone should come here just that when they are allowed in they should be allowed to work not claim benefit. I have always been quite proud of our acceptance of asylum not proud at all of our giving in to economic migrants just popping over when they want to take money home for their countries to be improved.

We have I thought a pretty decent asylum policy right up to time we started bombing other countries looking to ways to mess up large areas of the world. At that point asylum became a huge business and we saw people who could afford thousands of pounds trying to get out of those countries swamping the system.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

11-03-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Umm I never said everyone should come here just that when they are allowed in they should be allowed to work not claim benefit. I have always been quite proud of our acceptance of asylum not proud at all of our giving in to economic migrants just popping over when they want to take money home for their countries to be improved.

We have I thought a pretty decent asylum policy right up to time we started bombing other countries looking to ways to mess up large areas of the world. At that point asylum became a huge business and we saw people who could afford thousands of pounds trying to get out of those countries swamping the system.
good points Julie and thoughtful too - the desire of USA and Britain in particular to control the world and involve themselves into business that is not theirs is OK until the rest of the world starts swarming in on their own patches - the worms are turning to the alarm of these nations.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 07:41 PM

gumbud, I know your country suffered great losses during WWII, but I don't ever recall YOUR country being bombed almost to oblivion for over 5 years on the go, so think you have a bloody nerve to say that the British were lazy b....s after the war. Or did you just mention it to get a reaction such as mine? Either way, put a bar of soap in your mouth!
He wasnt even in Australia during the war (-the £10 passage didn't start until after the war -1945 ) indeed I doubt he is there now .The time difference are suspiciously wrong .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

And what sort of work can uneducated Africans do ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-03-2019, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He wasnt even in Australia during the war (-the £10 passage didn't start until after the war -1945 ) indeed I doubt he is there now .The time difference are suspiciously wrong .
the forum clocks are always wrong didn't ya know that mudflaps? 8.28 am here WST!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top