Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:43 PM

Sheep killed

Just received this warning from our local police, and thought I would post it for others as well:

Northamptonshire Police is urging rural communities to look out for and report any suspicious activity after sheep were illegally butchered near Daventry.

On February 28 officers were called to an incident in Whilton, where five sheep were found to have been killed and professionally butchered in their field.

The neighbouring police forces of Warwickshire and Leicestershire have also recently had reports of sheep being illegally butchered in a similar manner.

Rural crime officers at Northamptonshire Police are urging people who live and work in rural locations to keep an eye out for anything suspicious and report it.

I remember a few years back, when this was happening to Swans around Bedford and surrounding villages, being captured and butchered too.

Doubt if it will just be in this area, so thought I'd let others know too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:50 PM

Re: Sheep killed

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just received this warning from our local police, and thought I would post it for others as well:

Northamptonshire Police is urging rural communities to look out for and report any suspicious activity after sheep were illegally butchered near Daventry.

On February 28 officers were called to an incident in Whilton, where five sheep were found to have been killed and professionally butchered in their field.

The neighbouring police forces of Warwickshire and Leicestershire have also recently had reports of sheep being illegally butchered in a similar manner.

Rural crime officers at Northamptonshire Police are urging people who live and work in rural locations to keep an eye out for anything suspicious and report it.

I remember a few years back, when this was happening to Swans around Bedford and surrounding villages, being captured and butchered too.

Doubt if it will just be in this area, so thought I'd let others know too.
That's horrid Mups, I'll look out for it. I thought it was going to be about dogs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's horrid Mups, I'll look out for it. I thought it was going to be about dogs.

Stupid, ignorant dog owners have been on the news this week too, Tess. Those who refuse to keep their dog on lead around livestock.

Most sheep at the moment have either just given birth or are heavilt pregnant, and the last thing they can cope with is a mad dog chasing them round the field.

Some folks say their dogs won't hurt anything, but the sheep doesn't know that does she, and they panic!

If the dog gets shot, the owner only has themself to blame.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:10 PM

Strange that it was only sheep.

No pigs butchered?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:35 PM

good lord, what the hell
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:38 PM

They will be in a Indian or Greek restaurant by now
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Strange that it was only sheep.

No pigs butchered?
the conspiracy theorist is on the roam again!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:47 PM

Happened in Hemel Hempstead. Maybe Bedfordshire too.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
the conspiracy theorist is on the roam again!
There's really only one market for mutton in the UK gumster, and it isn't Scotch pies.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
There's really only one market for mutton in the UK gumster, and it isn't Scotch pies.
wanna poke ya neck out and make an accusation then??

I remember watching early episodes of Heartbeat showing sheep rustling in the yorkshire countryside - old english practice apparently! supposedly a '60's practice??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top