Join for free
Page 27 of 42 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 12:23 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
it was not necessary for her to wear a hijab to show respect.
^^That's what I am talking about.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:11 PM

I can understand it if she was going into the mosque although i did not know women were allowed into the areas where most of the attack took place.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:47 PM

it was not necessary for her to wear a hijab to show respect.
Really would you not cover your head or take off your shoes to go into a holy building if everyone else does ? this lack of respect isn't what I'd expect of you LQ you seem a polite person who wouldn't want to offend people ?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
^^That's what I am talking about.
Again would you barge into a holy building ignoring the respectful wishes of your host ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I can understand it if she was going into the mosque although i did not know women were allowed into the areas where most of the attack took place.
When prayers are being said women and men are segregated but at other times they aren't banned from many areas from my experience. When you look at the victims they were entire families so where ever it took place men women and children were allowed anyway. And even in womens areas a head covering is required usually certainly I wouldn't dream of disrespecting them by refusing to wear one and cover up generally.

Wish christian churches had the same rules because tourists in cathedrals and churches can often be very disrespectful of where they are in summer.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Would you like to reply to this point of view?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqyq8jD1Sw

A good analysis.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When prayers are being said women and men are segregated but at other times they aren't banned from many areas from my experience. When you look at the victims they were entire families so where ever it took place men women and children were allowed anyway. And even in womens areas a head covering is required usually certainly I wouldn't dream of disrespecting them by refusing to wear one and cover up generally.

Wish christian churches had the same rules because tourists in cathedrals and churches can often be very disrespectful of where they are in summer.
I dont feel I have to wear headcovering in my church to pray, it's very outdated just as wearing black to a funeral is outdated too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-03-2019, 04:07 PM

I dont feel I have to wear headcovering in my church to pray, it's very outdated just as wearing black to a funeral is outdated too.
But if it were a church where it was deemed appropriate ? I don't believe you would flaunt yourself if that weren't acceptable.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But if it were a church where it was deemed appropriate ? I don't believe you would flaunt yourself if that weren't acceptable.
Perhaps it's time Muslims moved out of the dark ages along with the west. Why would Wearing particular clothing mean anything? What is the purpose of having to wear headwear, nothing, it's just a rule that someone made up really .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:43 PM

It depends on the Christian faith. Some Christian churches will not admit women with uncovered shoulders or in shorts. Same for men. Same in Judaism you go to the wall in Jerusalem both men and women are only admitted with a head covering. So if she went inside it's understandable imo.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-03-2019, 04:47 PM

Perhaps it's time Muslims moved out of the dark ages along with the west. Why would Wearing particular clothing mean anything? What is the purpose of having to wear headwear, nothing, it's just a rule that someone made up really .
Then you would have to apply the same to Orthodox Christianity and Judaism.

It's interesting we are having this discussion in the light of the lady with the crop top thread and the different views on that. In the south of France its ok to go topless on a public beach. In Jordan i saw women in the sea in burkas.

Page 27 of 42 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top