Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 08:32 AM

Re: Do you have too much stuff?

Folks don't need a lot of possessions to be "Stuffy".
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 09:10 AM

Hi

I still have far, far, too much stuff.

Most of my porcelain and paintings have now been sold, the money going to the kids.

I am now starting on my fishing tackle, most of which I will never be using again.

Why keep it?

Both my kids are abroad, better to sell it now for real money than have it go to a House Clearance , which it will bring nothing.

I am in my sixties, I will not be catching a World Record Great White or Bluefin Tuna.

My specially built rods and engineered reels will not be winning the World Beachcasting Championships.

I will not be fishing International Competitions any more.

Time to let go and let the kids spend the money on themselves.

Will they waste it, yes, but on things they enjoy.

I am not going to be keeping it to pay tax on.

I am quite enjoying my new life in a small house with minimal outgoings, it is liberating.

The only downside is the local hoodies, but they will be dealt with as a public service, the arrogant little gits.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 09:34 AM

I've got a shed full of stuff. Mostly useful stuff IMO. Tools, metal things, wooden things etc. But I guess after I finally kick the bucket a lot of it will go to the tip. Fine by me, I can't really take it with me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 09:36 AM

I have been ( trying ) to do this 40 day lent thing .
Every day during Lent ( or anytime really) you put one more or less good stuff thing in a bag and at the end of 40 days you hand it in to the charity shop .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have been ( trying ) to do this 40 day lent thing .
Every day during Lent ( or anytime really) you put one more or less good stuff thing in a bag and at the end of 40 days you hand it in to the charity shop .
What a good idea Muddy, I wish you’d mentioned that before Lent, it would have given me some motivation!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:04 AM

Those of you saying you are hoarders look more like collectors to me, having cleared my sisters hoard several times over the years I can tell a collection from a hoard pretty well.

I don't hoard or even collect much other than for my crafts. We aren't very tidy any of us so it looks like a mess but it's clean and I do once a month warn everyone if they don't pick up their stuff I am going round with a bin bag. I only ever did that twice before they took notice and now just a mention of my intention everyone puts their things away.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh! .... that must take some dusting Tiff!
Sorry Mags, should have done this. No we don't dust.

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Hoarders (guilty) don't dust, they just own.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Every so often I have a grand clear out of stuff I haven't used or worn for ages...then a few weeks later you can guarantee I need something I got rid of so have to go out and buy another

Tiffany I agree your stuff looks very organised.
It only looks like that, because if pieces touch they get chipped & Wade collecters are very fussy about their pieces. Walking about on the floor can make them move in the cabinets & they have to be perfect, hense the build up of dust, they can't move if there's a lot of dust between them.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:45 PM

I didn't realise that there would be so many other people on this forum who also have too much stuff.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:57 PM

On the odd occasion I venture up the loft I always seem to come across something I've never seen before! Time to sell a few/lot of things I think.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top