Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:33 PM

Is pomegranate the culprit?

Over the last fortnight I've been drinking a small glass of this "superfood" juice every morning..
I feel like it really sets me up for the day!

However, sorry about this, I've noticed I'm more..ermmm.. gaseous (no not in public!) now
Is it something you've ever noticed with pomegranate?
I don't want to stop taking it because the benefits of it are massive but... well you know.. sometimes it's annoying!

Help?!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: Is pomegranate the culprit?

What else is in the shake? Pomegranate is bursting with vitamin C. Never noticed it myself. Maybe kale?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What else is in the shake? Pomegranate is bursting with vitamin C. Never noticed it myself. Maybe kale?
No shake..
Just pomegranate from a bottle!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:03 PM

What benefits ?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
What benefits ?
I was wondering that too..
My day always starts with a half of lemon squeezed into a big glass of water.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:07 PM

It should give you glowing skin and a spring in your step.

Could be you are just getting too much vit C Rhian as it can give you diarrhoea if you overdose.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

17-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Could be you are just getting too much vit C Rhian as it can give you diarrhoea if you overdose.
Hmm..
But it's only a little glass..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 11:31 PM

Let's hope that she doesn't follow through when she farts, er.... fluffs then.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 11:33 PM

Is this a Seedy Thread?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Over the last fortnight I've been drinking a small glass of this "superfood" juice every morning..
I feel like it really sets me up for the day!

However, sorry about this, I've noticed I'm more..ermmm.. gaseous (no not in public!) now
Is it something you've ever noticed with pomegranate?
I don't want to stop taking it because the benefits of it are massive but... well you know.. sometimes it's annoying!

Help?!
I think I might be able to throw some light on your problem Miss....

Fruit juices are well laden with sugar [Fructose I believe] because you ingest it with no pith or fleshy bits of the fruit it is quickly assimilated into the body, hence the feel good factor or sugar rush....

Because it burns hot and fast in the stomach it produces GAS, just like any energy source that is burned...When you eat the whole fruit, together with the fleshy bits, the sugar can not be digested so quickly.....Less heat and less GAS Rhian....

This is particularly noticeable if you exercise regularly, in the body's response to replacing energy quickly and prepare for the next expected burst of energy, it will process food [especially carbs] very fast. Also producing lots of GAS...

Because the body does not store Vitamin C, I would be very surprised if you overdosed on it just by drinking a small glass of Pomegranate juice...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top