Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:17 PM

Funny things you remember from school

I was just watching one of the teachers vapping outside the school, and remembered when I was at school we had a designated smoking area for the sixth formers. Can't imagine that happening anywhere today

Also I was lucky to start school just as they banned hitting girls so never had that embarrassment but they still hit boys for years after that ! Again can't imagine that inequality happening these days.

We had proper puddings at school unlike the yogurt and apple they get these days, I can't imagine what kids would think with a lump of suet pudding smothered in golden syrup and lumpy custard like we had
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Re: Funny things you remember from school

Not really funny but I remember getting the belt for having four spellings wrong in an essay. My spelling was transformed at a stroke.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:37 PM

LOL, was just trying to envisage anyone at my school, teachers or pupils smoking or vaping back then. Every teacher, including the Head Teacher, were Nuns! Could you just imagine the picture?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, was just trying to envisage anyone at my school, teachers or pupils smoking or vaping back then. Every teacher, including the Head Teacher, were Nuns! Could you just imagine the picture?
Like this:

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Our physics teacher always had a lit cigarette in the lab prep room and would nip out for a crafty drag every couple of mjnutes during the lesson, often still exhaling the smoke as he arrived back in the lab, and yet still thought it was his own little secret...
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:51 PM

I Remember our science teacher telling us not to smoke Consulate menthol fags but to take a piece of menthol from the lab and put it into our ordinary ciggies
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:52 PM

I don't remember any smoking at my school, teachers or pupils, but in those days the teachers would have been allowed to smoke in the staff room.

I remember fainting once in art class, it was when my period started. Got taken home by a teacher. I used to faint some times after that first time too & still do occasionally. Always feel fine after though. It was a good way to get out of school, though not faked.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 06:06 PM

we had a teacher that smoked in class! We had another teacher, maths teacher and he used to assign us some work then sit reading his paper whilst picking his nose, urgh dirty Mr Kelly, he was a nice fella though LOL.

Me and a couple of friends got the ruler as we got caught smoking round 'baccy bender' which was at the back of our school extension.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 06:10 PM

One of my brothers was a school principal and he smoked a pipe, don't know where he did it, probably back then it was done in his office......

I got the strap when I was just a little girl about 8 years old and I was so small and thin. A woman teacher gave it to me, she seemed to like doing it. It really hurt me and I will never forget that woman "Mrs Cheatum"........what a B****, but she was so pretty, you would never believe she could do such a thing to a little girl.......

I went back to my seat and pee ed in my pants all over the floor. I asked her if I could be excused to go to the washroom after the strap, and she said no....

This all happened in front of the whole class......sad thing to do to a little girl so for several years I wouldn't speek if I was in school. If the teacher asked me to read from a book, I got tongue tied and just stood there.....my brother would try to coach me from the front seat, but I would just look at him with tears in my eyes, and didn't speak..

I quickly jumped grades in that school and got into high school..when I was 11 or 12 years old and graduated high school when I was 15 I think........then went on to College, which I loved and did well........
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 06:18 PM

I remember Mrs Moon dark hair turquoise dress tight bodice with an Aline skirt and wide black belt, bright red lipstick (not that I remember much detail)

She pulled me out in the front of the class and pulled my short trouser leg up and slapped the back of legs I was about six or seven years old

Did it have an effect?

Still see her twice aweek

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top