Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Three open golf champions in a year!

Wonderful to see Darren Clarke winning the British open at the weekend!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Re: Three open golf champions in a year!

Yes the folks in Northern Ireland have a right to feel proud, BUT golf is as interesting as watching paint dry - couldn't be more bored!!! AND as the saying goes: Old Golfers never die, they just lose their b**ls.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:50 AM

Hi Les it's good to see we can do well in one sport for once

I was pleased to see Darren Clarke win it can't have been easy for him losing his wife at such a young age .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Thats a great achievement Les, we are all very proud of them, I don't follow golf but that was something special.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 02:18 PM

Yes, well done to Darren Clarke, I don't usually watch golf but was glued to the screen yesterday willing him on.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Ive never heard of him! The most attractive aspect of golfing for me is the beautiful condition of the green!!!!! As for the sport... hmm yaawnnn.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Ive never heard of him! The most attractive aspect of golfing for me is the beautiful condition of the green!!!!! As for the sport... hmm yaawnnn.
That's what I thought until I married a keen golfer . I learn't to appreciate the game mainly for the walking (and one will do a lot for love) .
There are some lovely courses around the country, I used to wander off and look at the wild life
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 05:09 PM

That's exactly what I used to do Meg, with our old landlady. She lived above us and the only ever time she went out was to play golf, all on her own. She asked me to be her caddy one day, I will always remember the wildlife, fresh air and sheer peace. We made it a regular fortnightly thing, she was about 70 odd and I was 21, happy memories.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

18-07-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That's exactly what I used to do Meg, with our old landlady. She lived above us and the only ever time she went out was to play golf, all on her own. She asked me to be her caddy one day, I will always remember the wildlife, fresh air and sheer peace. We made it a regular fortnightly thing, she was about 70 odd and I was 21, happy memories.
Hi Mary it's a lovely walk isn't it without the golf My husband and stepson (who went to boarding school in Dorset ) both played at Came Down, Dorchester .
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 05:44 PM

I had to look that one up Meg, looks lovely there, very posh. It's not far from where my husband works. I haven't a clue what ours was called, somewhere on the Purbecks with stunning views across the sea to Brownsea, Poole etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top