Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 08:32 PM

Re: Plantar Fascitis

It sounds like yours was an especially bad attack.

I haven't been offered this treatment - and as it (fingers crossed) might be coming to an end - very slowly, I'm just going to let it runs its course.

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes I had this 3 years ago, I could hardly walk. I went to my GP who gave me Cortisone Injection which was very painful, but worked.
Autumn Sea
New Member!
UK
Autumn Sea is female 

13-02-2013, 09:09 PM

I must get another Pediroller - I had one and the darn dog chewed it! I use a pilates ball - which is all nobbly and I run my foot over it for 3 mins in the morning and 3 mins in the evening. It feels wonderful directly after.

I went for a walk today - only about 2.5 miles but it was road walking because of the mud in the field and my foot is really complaining right now.
Definately worth trying it - it will stretch the plantar fascia, increasing flexibility and reducing pain in most cases
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 04:39 PM

this is what cured me and my husband from that
http://www.sonicrelief.com/
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 04:41 PM

use it for other pain also had it 5 years now best thing I ever bought
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 09:59 AM

I've used a 2 litre plastic lemonade/water bottle almost filled with water (leave room for expansion), and put in the freezer until solid. Just roll the instep over it a few times - the ice seems to soothe the foot and the rolling massages the instep back into place. This was recommended by a podiatrist friend, and it worked well for me.
Edit: I've also used MF plastic heel cups - these are solid plastic cups available it seems only from the USA, but there are some for sale on eBay. Highly recommended for heel problems especially splits and Planar Fascitis. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Judys-Earth...sub=4196235013
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 10:38 AM

I've tried the rolling the foot over a bottle of frozen water but only the smaller 500ml bottles, I shall try the 2 litre plastic one. I always thought this was a solution to when the plantar fascia is inflamed - say - after walking a lot. I am willing to try everything - I have days when I think it's going and then the next day it can be horribly painful again, it's so annoying.

I have a lot of pain in my heels, in fact my heels are probably the most painful. I shall have a look at heel cups again.

Thanks for your response

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
I've used a 2 litre plastic lemonade/water bottle almost filled with water (leave room for expansion), and put in the freezer until solid. Just roll the instep over it a few times - the ice seems to soothe the foot and the rolling massages the instep back into place. This was recommended by a podiatrist friend, and it worked well for me.
Edit: I've also used MF plastic heel cups - these are solid plastic cups available it seems only from the USA, but there are some for sale on eBay. Highly recommended for heel problems especially splits and Planar Fascitis. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Judys-Earth...sub=4196235013
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 12:03 PM

OK - hope you find a cure. The bottle worked, but I still have a slight 'lump' on the instep, which I guess is the best it's going to be at 73! It doesn't stop me walking 8-10 miles at the weekend, and the heel-cups are a joy to use - I have a couple of pairs that I swap from shoe to shoe - never go out without them. I used to get deep cracks in the heels which were very painful and impossible to cure. The heel cups fixed them completely - like magic. If you have any family or contacts in the States, ask them to buy some for you - they're really cheap over there. Good luck.
Baxter8
Somerset

20-02-2013, 02:51 PM

I too used to do 8-10 miles on a weekend and since I've had this problem I've hardly walked at all, 3 miles is my absolute limit. It is so frustrating.

I've spent a fortune on insoles etc.. I've been looking on the boots website to see if they have something similar to the heel cups you mention and they have these

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharma...7-12-_1129389/

I'm also thinking of these

http://www.boots.com/en/FS6-Compress...-4-8-_1285253/

Or failing that just giving up trying to find a cure and just waiting for it to run its course - it's been a year next month.

Sandy

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
OK - hope you find a cure. The bottle worked, but I still have a slight 'lump' on the instep, which I guess is the best it's going to be at 73! It doesn't stop me walking 8-10 miles at the weekend, and the heel-cups are a joy to use - I have a couple of pairs that I swap from shoe to shoe - never go out without them. I used to get deep cracks in the heels which were very painful and impossible to cure. The heel cups fixed them completely - like magic. If you have any family or contacts in the States, ask them to buy some for you - they're really cheap over there. Good luck.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 03:00 PM

Sandy darlin' - get a referral to your local hospital podiatry unit. Have had (still have) the same problem as you. Podiatrist gave me custom made insoles to fit inside my shoes with a bias (raised) arch on the instep.
Baxter8
Somerset

20-02-2013, 03:02 PM

Thanks Pixie - I may well look into getting one of those, I think in this country they are about £59 - I've spent so much money on "cures" and nothing really seems to have worked.

Originally Posted by pixie ->
use it for other pain also had it 5 years now best thing I ever bought

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top