Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Re: Cuts, cuts, and yet more cuts!!!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That was the mistake IMO bailing out the banks I'm certain if they had allowed them to fail we wouldn't be in a mess now. They haven't learned any lessons from it as they were protected. If they had been allowed to fail lessons would have been learned.
If they hadn't bailed them our economy would have collapsed. Millions of people would have lost their money and there would be financial chaos.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

In a number of Countries the Government did not have to bail out the banks, simply because they had been well regulated.

Canada for example barely got touched.
Im quite interested in Canada. They seem to have their act together. I was thinking if it goes belly up here its a safe place to emigrate.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If they hadn't bailed them our economy would have collapsed. Millions of people would have lost their money and there would be financial chaos.
And there wasn't after the bail out ? Seems we have been cutting everything ever since. People losing homes and jobs.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hi

Many would disagree with the way it was done.

The retail side and pensions had to be bailed due to the way the banks where structured.

The Hedge Funds and International Speculators could have been left to take the hit, it would not have impacted on the average worker.

Any money they had been bailed out with should have been repayable with interest.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Many would disagree with the way it was done.

The retail side and pensions had to be bailed due to the way the banks where structured.

The Hedge Funds and International Speculators could have been left to take the hit, it would not have impacted on the average worker.

Any money they had been bailed out with should have been repayable with interest.

No, but a good many scumbag 'nasty party' members would have lost lots of funds, which is why they didn't split the banks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-04-2017, 12:38 PM

And there wasn't after the bail out ? Seems we have been cutting everything ever since. People losing homes and jobs.
That's the way the Tories have chosen to deal with it. But a great deal of value just disappeared overnight. One of the Icelandic banks was badly damaged and many public sector organisations had invested there.

What annoys me is the people who made these decisions, who knew that the funds were worthless made a fortune and got off scott free. But we will have to deal with the hangover for decades. It's one of the reasons i was against brexit because it brings further economic uncertainty when we are still on very shaky economic ground.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 12:45 PM

It's one of the many reasons I voted leave, we have to be able to take our politicians to task. Each query I've made to my MP has been met with that's the Eu nothing I can do. Now we will be able to see just who is at fault and who isn't.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Full employment my arse!
Very few real jobs with prospects out there.
Another reasoned response.

Have you ever thought your failure in engineering may be down to attitude and not the government?

There are many positions with prospects.....but they won't come to those that aren't willing to chase them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-04-2017, 12:59 PM

It's one of the many reasons I voted leave, we have to be able to take our politicians to task. Each query I've made to my MP has been met with that's the Eu nothing I can do. Now we will be able to see just who is at fault and who isn't.
I agree they should be taken to task but austerity won't hurt them. We will be the ones to suffer consequences of economic turbulence. We have a massive deficit and desperately need growth and stability right now to generate wealth.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Another reasoned response.

Have you ever thought your failure in engineering may be down to attitude and not the government?

There are many positions with prospects.....but they won't come to those that aren't willing to chase them.
I think Purwells employers would be wise to replace him with a johnny foreigner. I mean, look at how often he's on here during the day. Can't be getting much done can he?
I'll bet a Polish worker would get twice as much done for half the money.....

And Purwell, the engineering jobs are indeed out there. I handed my notice in, in November. I applied for 3 jobs and got offered all 3 of them, and they all have substantial salaries. Maybe you're not that good at what you do eh?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top