Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:03 AM

Re: Trump to target Assad.

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The world needs to condemn Donald Trump for taking this action before POSITIVE PROOF that chemical weapons had been used.

IF this U.S. attack is deemed as being just and successful, Trump will become even more self-righteous and dangerous in the future!
I think he must have it.

Military satellites will have Syria covered and by looking at footage at the time of the chemical attacks will probably identify suspicious activity at the relevant times.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:41 AM

Hi

I am not one for conspiracy theories, but there is something very strange here.

Less than two weeks ago the USA announced that the removal of Assad was no longer their policy.

The object of the exercise was now to be the stabilisation of Syria, the end of the refugee crisis and the destruction of ISIS.

This would have given both Assad and Putin exactly what they want, Assad his country back, Putin his warm water port.

Now, whatever you think about Assad and Putin, neither of them are idiots.

They were getting exactly what they wanted and a very good deal for the USA as well, ISIS is the problem.

All of a sudden we have a chemical weapons attack, the one atrocity which would scupper the entire deal.

It seriously does not make any form of sense whatsoever.

It does however suit very well the aims of others who were desperate to stop the deal going ahead.

There is no doubt that there was an air raid and that a chemical agent was used.

There is no proof at all that the air raid was the source of the chemical weapon, there are many reasons to doubt that it was the source.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:47 AM

I thought Hilary was the war monger, so many warned against her saying trump was not going to make that mistake !

I think Assad has a long history of killing his own people who else would seek military support from Russia against his own people !

That makes me pretty certain it was him did this atrocity.

But I'd like to see a coalition like NATO move in not USA and certainly not us.

It needs someone not on anyone's side to sort this out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought Hilary was the war monger, so many warned against her saying trump was not going to make that mistake !

I think Assad has a long history of killing his own people who else would seek military support from Russia against his own people !

That makes me pretty certain it was him did this atrocity.

But I'd like to see a coalition like NATO move in not USA and certainly not us.

It needs someone not on anyone's side to sort this out.
Hi

Julie, when Assad was in power, Syria was a vibrant secular society, a middle income country with all allowed to worship as they please.

It was an ally of the West, it was part of the Coalition in the Iraq War.

Far, far more have been killed, raped, tortured and massacred by the war than Assad ever did.

The Country is in ruins, all because of a failed policy of regime change and a strategic objective of denying Russia a port.

We have been bombarded with media reports about Assad, yet our media is strangely quiet about the atrocities being committed in the Yemen, where the Saudis are deliberately starving millions.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Julie, when Assad was in power, Syria was a vibrant secular society, a middle income country with all allowed to worship as they please.

It was an ally of the West, it was part of the Coalition in the Iraq War.

Far, far more have been killed, raped, tortured and massacred by the war than Assad ever did.

The Country is in ruins, all because of a failed policy of regime change and a strategic objective of denying Russia a port.

We have been bombarded with media reports about Assad, yet our media is strangely quiet about the atrocities being committed in the Yemen, where the Saudis are deliberately starving millions.
That's why it needs someone not trying to impose anything on them to go in and sort it out. I've never been a fan of many of the despots running countries but generally the populations were freer than under any other rule.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:19 AM

Hi

Less than two weeks ago the USA announced that the removal of Assad was no longer their policy.

The object of the exercise was now to be the stabilisation of Syria, the end of the refugee crisis and the destruction of ISIS.

This would have given both Assad and Putin exactly what they want, Assad his country back, Putin his warm water port.

They were getting exactly what they wanted and a very good deal for the USA as well, ISIS is the problem.

All of a sudden we have a chemical weapons attack, the one atrocity which would scupper the entire deal.

It does however suit very well the aims of others who were desperate to stop the deal going ahead.

There is no doubt that there was an air raid and that a chemical agent was used.

There is no proof at all that the air raid was the source of the chemical weapon, there are many reasons to doubt that it was the source.
So, if it were say ISIS behind the chemical attack how would they be able to deliver the chemicals at the exact same time as the air raid?

Witnesses would be able to give exact times of raid v signs of chemical use.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:42 AM

59 Tomahawks, just how big is this airbase?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-04-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
So, if it were say ISIS behind the chemical attack how would they be able to deliver the chemicals at the exact same time as the air raid?

Witnesses would be able to give exact times of raid v signs of chemical use.
Hi

I am not saying that I am right, just that such an attack makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for either Putin or Assad.

In reality, such an attack has caused them both irredeemable harm.

Means, motive, opportunity.

There is no motive for this attack at all.

Syria had stocks of Sarin, supposedly turned over, as well as other chemical weapons.

It is known that ISIS has captured chemical weapons and have used them in the past.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the airstrike hit some of these.

The number of casualties in this attack are lower than would be expected from an aircraft bomb, these typically carry large amounts of chemical agents, not a few litres of the stuff.

I could well be wrong, however I am not 100% convinced.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:58 AM

Hi

This has been puzzling me too Gibbs
What was Assad to gain by a chemical attack at this time.. it doesn't make sense.
There are many imponderables and some possibilities

Hi

I am not saying that I am right, just that such an attack makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for either Putin or Assad.

In reality, such an attack has caused them both irredeemable harm.

Means, motive, opportunity.

There is no motive for this attack at all.

Syria had stocks of Sarin, supposedly turned over, as well as other chemical weapons.

It is known that ISIS has captured chemical weapons and have used them in the past.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that the airstrike hit some of these.

The number of casualties in this attack are lower than would be expected from an aircraft bomb, these typically carry large amounts of chemical agents, not a few litres of the stuff.

I could well be wrong, however I am not 100% convinced.
...again things I considered but surely Trumps advisers must have thought of these things too ..

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories but I would not like to guess exactly what is going on here...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
59 Tomahawks, just how big is this airbase?
They're making sure that at least one hits the right target.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top