Join for free
Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Re: Pecking order.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Carol, l give up! You’re being impossible! You win. I will leave this thread
Unbelievable!
Yeah - go and play This little piggy!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yeah - go and play This little piggy!
Is it any wonder why you have been banned from several forums? You are just nasty.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Is it any wonder why you have been banned from several forums? You are just nasty.
You'd better tell me more then. Which forums have I been banned from because I know of none?

I'm sorry you're having a bad day Art. Leave it at that eh?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:22 AM

Carol loves me- it would not be fair to others as I would always get her vote!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

20-05-2019, 09:26 AM

Ciderman, I have to give you a smile for that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How would anybody feel about us having a vote for 'Poster of the year' on this forum?

I'd vote but I'd be a bit torn between a few.

It's not how many posts a member has made but the content of their posts and the persons ability to get on with others - be helpful etc..

Hmmm - quite a decision really...
I think that would be uncomfortable for some here.

It's not a popularity contest but a place people come to find company, solace, entertainment and information.

As it's a human group you will have the full spectrum of human behaviour here (good and bad) and some are more vulnerable or more strong, just as they are in society.

Some may feel inadequate or excluded if there is a competition. That would be a shame, particularly as every poster is of value.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
it caused a lot of friction between some members, competative things always do.
Competition brings about friction amongst members.
It always does.

Absolutely which is why I thought this thread might turn ugly.
Most people don’t want to be compared with each other.

Having said that I think Carol handled her inquiry quite well.
Some got their feathers ruffled but that’s to be expected.

In my opinion, some people ARE better at socializing than others and I have no problem understanding that I’m NOT one of them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think that would be uncomfortable for some here.

It's not a popularity contest but a place people come to find company, solace, entertainment and information.

As it's a human group you will have the full spectrum of human behaviour here (good and bad) and some are more vulnerable or more strong, just as they are in society.

Some may feel inadequate or excluded if there is a competition. That would be a shame, particularly as every poster is of value.
An excellent post AnnieS.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=carol

I think most of us have more to our lives than being upset if they don't win a popularity poll on OFF's.[/QUOTE]

Some don't. For some it's the only interaction they have. Some may not be as articulate as others, their input is just as valuable.
It's hardly diverse on here as it is without alienating those who don't feel included for petty reasons such as quality of posts.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 09:49 AM

FWIW, an Imperial peck is about nine litres........

Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top