Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:13 AM

Re: Pecking order.

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Some here think that they are more fascinating than others.Nothing mysterious about it.Anyway,I thought we were here to chat not compete.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We are all individuals with different lives, abilities and reasons for posting here. I feel that setting up competitions between members, based on how good or popular they are, is more likely to cause friction than fun.

Floydy, The Hot Seat was good because the person concerned was giving their answers to questions about themselves, but I am afraid that asking for others' opinions of members could easily lead to bad feelings.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Could you imagine trawling through approx 8500 member profiles a month to pick out someone who you thought deserved the ‘Member Of The Month’ award! This is what would be needed to be done for the purpose of fairness.

I think the idea is a bit gimmicky for this forum. l mean what next? Competitions for, ‘Who’s Got The Fattest Calves’? Or, ‘Who’s Got The Biggest Nose’? Or, ‘Who’s The Best Speller’?
The list is endless!
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Members ranking on a forum should never come into it. We are all equal and have a value.
To rate members and put them into a category of top, middle and bottom, could be soul destroying.
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups I don't recall having anything like that on here but we did have something like a 'member of the month' (for giving helpful advice mainly) on one of our sister sites and it caused a lot of friction between some members, competative things always do.

As far as I am concerned all members make an equal contribution in their own way and no one person should be singled out as being better than another.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think that would be uncomfortable for some here.

It's not a popularity contest but a place people come to find company, solace, entertainment and information.

As it's a human group you will have the full spectrum of human behaviour here (good and bad) and some are more vulnerable or more strong, just as they are in society.

Some may feel inadequate or excluded if there is a competition. That would be a shame, particularly as every poster is of value.
Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Competition brings about friction amongst members.
It always does.

Absolutely which is why I thought this thread might turn ugly.
Most people don’t want to be compared with each other.
I'm with this lot .....

I'm guessing that some members would like a competition because they think they'd win it .....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:22 AM

A peck is an imperial or United States customary unit of dry volume equivalent to 2 dry gallons OR 16 dry pints ( 9.09 UK) or (8.81 US litres)
US litres are different?
I thought was an international SI unit.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:25 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up with a peck!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:36 AM

I'm peckish now!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
US litres are different?
Yes US litres are different.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up with a peck!
Brat
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Yes US litres are different.
Got a source?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
US litres are different?
It is.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

20-05-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It is.
For all but two countries.
Myanmar and USA.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 12:16 PM

So, which is the bigger litre? The SI one or the US one?

Doesn't it make US petrol exports difficult?

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top