Join for free
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 12:26 PM

Re: Pecking order.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups I don't recall having anything like that on here but we did have something like a 'member of the month' (for giving helpful advice mainly) on one of our sister sites and it caused a lot of friction between some members, competative things always do.

As far as I am concerned all members make an equal contribution in their own way and no one person should be singled out as being better than another.

I am not sure now either Meg.
I have a feeling it was something about which members we would like to get to know better and why.
I even remember myself being voted for, but the voting thing got closed (I think).

Edited to say:

Yay, I've found it. I'm not going bonkers after all.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=43269
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 12:44 PM

Not noticed a pecking order but most definitely a Clique here, but I still like viewing this site after many years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 12:56 PM

Oh dear, not the old "clique" thing again. . .

As far as I'm concerned, some people frequently inhabit certain sections e.g. the political threads and Brexit stuff.
Does that make them part of a 'clique'?

Others like the Games, or Beauty, Gardening or Animals - are they all in 'cliques' as well?

Are members not allowed to make friends with those who share the same things anymore?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh dear, not the old "clique" thing again. . .

As far as I'm concerned, some people frequently inhabit certain sections e.g. the political threads and Brexit stuff.
Does that make them part of a 'clique'?

Others like the Games, or Beauty, Gardening or Animals - are they all in 'cliques' as well?

Are members not allowed to make friends with those who share the same things anymore?
As you say, people being friendly to people they have conversed with over years might come across, to some, as being a clique.

It isn't, as you say, Mups, a clique, but that thought might come about by someone feeling their posts are ignored.

What would go a long way to preventing that is to have a 'thanks' button, or some way of acknowledging that you've read someone's post.
Ok, you could post a reply, but very often, a post might not be necessary, and too many posts saying 'I agree' might clog up a thread, but seeing that people have read and acknowledged your post would do away with that.

Many's the time I've wished I could thank a post without really having anything to add as such.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Not noticed a pecking order but most definitely a Clique here, but I still like viewing this site after many years.

I have noticed that,baser,..or do you think they have just got to know each other over the years?
Plus have similar interests,..I have noticed though,that some,give certain rude people a wide birth,yet pick other's up on their rudeness,is that a clique?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 01:50 PM

How come that stupid Pecking thread suddenly got mixed up with Carol's thread?
Jeez! Old people get so confused with their rambling and digressing don't they?!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
So, which is the bigger litre? The SI one or the US one?

Doesn't it make US petrol exports difficult?
A litre is a litre. There are no variants......
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Jeez! Old people get so confused with their rambling and digressing don't they?!
I am confused Floydy, was there another pecking thread, as the Pecking order thread was Carols!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 02:06 PM

I think it is you,who is muddled,Carols thread was the Pecking thread,..mind you,over 50s forum!..and this is the pecking thread.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 02:08 PM

Eh!...go back to bed and get out the other side pet..what age did You say You were?

Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top