Join for free
Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:35 AM

Re: Pecking order.

As time goes on the more I tend to retreat to hobby threads. Photo threads are lovely, we don't compete or judge each other, we admire each other's work, are polite and helpful.

Politics threads are the polar opposite, unless you enjoy a battle and are robust you get judged and shouted down.

We all have different views, life styles, opportunities, problems etc.
I feel judging on a forum is only appropriate in debate and competition.

I hope new and prospective members are not put off posting, especially in general/ lighthearted topics by feeling they have to be of a certain standard for acceptance.

Sorry, but, that's my opinion.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:37 AM

We used to have best carer of the month!.

Very clever tactics,to get the carer to work their socks off,for this award!.

I think they got a potted plant from Lidl,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I know what you mean Carol ...I'd rank myself at about minus ten
summer, Now that is the biggest load of rubbish l have ever read!
Members ranking on a forum should never come into it. We are all equal and have a value.
To rate members and put them into a category of top, middle and bottom, could be soul destroying.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
We used to have best carer of the month!.

Very clever tactics,to get the carer to work their socks off,for this award!.

I think they got a potted plant from Lidl,
Wouldn't do me any good, I kill houseplants for a hobby!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Could you imagine trawling through approx 8500 member profiles a month to pick out someone who you thought deserved the ‘Member Of The Month’ award! This is what would be needed to be done for the purpose of fairness.

I think the idea is a bit gimmicky for this forum. l mean what next? Competitions for, ‘Who’s Got The Fattest Calves’? Or, ‘Who’s Got The Biggest Nose’? Or, ‘Who’s The Best Speller’?
The list is endless!
I don't know why you always try to take the Mick out of anything I suggest Art.

On the forum I mentioned, members put forward the names of who they thought should go in the poll. Usually it amounted to about a dozen or so names that kept cropping up.

These names were listed and a poll took place - much the same as in the photographic competition.

A winner emerged and won a cyber cup.

edit to say - there was never any bad feelings as it was all in fun.
However that may not be the case on here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I seem to remember something similar was attempted a long time ago Carol.
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it got closed because obviously it meant naming names, and people started voting for their mates etc.

Can anyone remember what I'm on about?
I daren't say too much incase I am getting muddled up.

Perhaps Meg or Mags will recall what happened.
Hi Mups I don't recall having anything like that on here but we did have something like a 'member of the month' (for giving helpful advice mainly) on one of our sister sites and it caused a lot of friction between some members, competative things always do.

As far as I am concerned all members make an equal contribution in their own way and no one person should be singled out as being better than another.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

What nonsense is this! and why would Anyone wish to be judged on a Social Site such as the OFF?...not Me that's for sure
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't know why you always try to take the Mick out of anything I suggest Art.

On the forum I mentioned, members put forward the names of who they thought should go in the poll. Usually it amounted to about a dozen or so names that kept cropping up.

These names were listed and a poll took place - much the same as in the photographic competition.

A winner emerged and won a cyber cup.
No, No, No. Carol. I would never intentionally do that. I can’t understand why you think l have something against you. I haven’t! Honestly, l haven’t.
On the other hand, l could say, you have got it in for me! Others have said detrimental things about the idea but it’s only me, that you are homing in on.

It’s my style, it’s the way l post. I see fun in everything.
I think this is a great thread, it has made me think.

Regarding a Photo competition, one ex member used to pm many of us to vote for their entry as they felt it was fixed!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
summer, Now that is the biggest load of rubbish l have ever read!
Members ranking on a forum should never come into it. We are all equal and have a value.
To rate members and put them into a category of top, middle and bottom, can be soul destroying.
Soul destroying?

OMG you mean it don't you?

I think most of us have more to our lives than being upset if they don't win a popularity poll on OFF's.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-05-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Soul destroying?

OMG you mean it don't you?

I think most of us have more to our lives than being upset if they don't win a popularity poll on OFF's.

Carol, l give up! You’re being impossible! You win. I will leave this thread
Unbelievable!

Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top