Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:08 PM

Countdown Comeback

Bookmakers believe Carol Vorderman could return as host now Nick Hewer is leaving.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 05:49 PM

Re: Countdown Comeback

There was a pic of her leaving some studio or other a couple of days ago (can't remember where I saw it) with a caption saying something along the lines of she hadn't got a job she's gone for as she was thought to be no longer suitable for a TV roll.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
There was a pic of her leaving some studio or other a couple of days ago (can't remember where I saw it) with a caption saying something along the lines of she hadn't got a job she's gone for as she was thought to be no longer suitable for a TV roll.
Could it have been this newspaper article I wonder? It's amazing though, looking at the two photographs in this article, the one as Carol Vorderman looks now and the one above when she was on Countdown with Richard Whiteley. They almost look like two different people!

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...es-news-latest
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 06:53 PM

I think a 'roll' is more likely than a 'role'.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 11:33 AM

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...tdown-comment/

In terms of a replacement for Nick, I can think of no one better positioned to step up to the plate than the star of Dictionary Corner. As the longest-serving member of the current Countdown team, she knows what makes the heart of the programme. Damnit, she is the heart of the programme.

Beloved by the show’s dedicated fan base already, her familiarity would ease the transition for those viewers who might struggle with the shake-up to their ever-so-reliable afternoon schedule.
The most obvious choice.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...tdown-comment/

The most obvious choice.
Some how I don't think Suzie would make a particularly good presenter. IMHO there's too much reticence about her and I think she doesn't take to the limelight very well.

I wouldn't want the Vorderperson back either, I think she's clapped out now.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

13-12-2020, 05:49 PM

I wouldn't want the Vorderperson back either, I think she's clapped out now.
Her new look has probably ruled her out, and think it best if a
lesser known personality hosts the show. Nobody too flashy.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top