Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 11:20 AM

Kenwood Chef anyone ?

Does anyone have a Kenwood Chef and are you pleased with it?
I have only ever had a hand mixer and as I bake a lot and make my own bread I would love a food mixer .

I have been looking at the Kenwood Chef Premier KMC560 which has a 1000w motor, there is a version with a smaller 800w motor but I fear it may not cope so well with the bread dough. The next one up the 1400w is a bit too pricey for me.

I am always hesitant when buying anything new and ask 'do I really need it' but I think this may be a very useful item to have.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Re: Kenwood Chef anyone ?

Hi Meg I have a Kenwood Chef mixer and it's been brilliant. It must be coming up for its 23rd year now. It doesn't get used that regularly though. Had a quick look underneath and its a 500W. Not sure about the bread making as we have a Kenwood breadmaker for that

I have been very pleased with the Kenwood appliances we've had over the years.......we even had a Kenwood stereo system which lasted for years.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 01:19 PM

Hi Carmen you have one of the old models which I understand are far superior to anything made these days.
I looked at a few on ebay, they tend to fetch quite a high price but of course there is no redress if they turn out to be faulty.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 01:58 PM

I have a very basic kenwood mixer which must be about 35 years old now but it does still work. I have looked at getting the chef but they are soooo expensive Maybe one day. I also have a kenwood blender which works well. I would always buy kenwood appliances as they are good but certainly not the cheapest.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I have a very basic kenwood mixer which must be about 35 years old now but it does still work. I have looked at getting the chef but they are soooo expensive Maybe one day. I also have a kenwood blender which works well. I would always buy kenwood appliances as they are good but certainly not the cheapest.
Oooh I didn't think anybody would have one older than mine which is 31 yrs!! They are very long lasting then!! I've always been pleased with mine but don't really use it that much these days.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 03:27 PM

I bought my Krupps machine from Lakeland, brilliant place to buy from as they are so good with after care.

The machine is not 100% perfect but it does make good dough, cake mixes, and beats a good meringuel.

The good thing is that you can weigh your ingredients straight into the bowl and there is also a timer so that you can time the process you need.

It is quite a nice looking item and was much less than the Kenwood or KitchenAid which I would have preferred.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-11-2011, 05:13 PM

Thanks Kate I will look at that one too.
daisy
New Member!
west sussex.uk
daisy is female 

09-11-2011, 07:51 PM

I have had my Kenwood chef, 40 years in April, and use it every week... at least!
It is brilliant ...it's been tarted up a bit with a coat of paint and a few squrts of WD40 but apart from that it is perfect.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by daisy ->
I have had my Kenwood chef, 40 years in April, and use it every week... at least!
It is brilliant ...it's been tarted up a bit with a coat of paint and a few squrts of WD40 but apart from that it is perfect.
Another one Daisy Kenwoods certainly seem to have a long life
Mine would get a lot of use, I cook all the time bread twice a week usually and that is set to increase as my son has asked that I supply his growing family too .
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 08:50 AM

We used to have one which never gave us problems, we had every gadget under the sun until we decided to re-cycle them, now we are using what we were born with as we have no need to break the sound barrier rushing here and there to try to save a few minutes each day.

Get one as the only person who can really say it is right for you is yourself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top