Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 10:59 AM

Re: Over 70s Driving Licence

JBR
I had to surrender my license according to the eye surgeon, which I did for 18 months. To say the least it was frustrating not being able to drive but relying on Sue. Eventually I decided to approach the DVLA and got booked for a eye sight test at a well known national opticians. The annoying thing is I need not have surrendered my license as the eye surgeon never notified the DVLA, so I could have kept it.
Getting used to driving was scarey took ages to get my confidence back.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
JBR
I had to surrender my license according to the eye surgeon, which I did for 18 months. To say the least it was frustrating not being able to drive but relying on Sue. Eventually I decided to approach the DVLA and got booked for a eye sight test at a well known national opticians. The annoying thing is I need not have surrendered my license as the eye surgeon never notified the DVLA, so I could have kept it.
Getting used to driving was scarey took ages to get my confidence back.
18 months makes my 3 months look like chicken feed.

It does show, though, that we should pursue these matters because people do make mistakes, with or without the Covid saga.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 11:58 AM

As I understand it, if I have an eye test, and if that eye test suggests a problem, the optician is required to let the DVLI know.

Since I am sent for, by said optician, to have an annual test, I have always asked "am I OK to drive".

They usually say, "your eyesight's OK, but you might need to get your brain checked!"

(true!)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top