Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 11:27 AM

Re: Hugs

My Daughter & I hug all the time, Son is not really a hugger though. He'll more likely give me friendly push.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:42 PM

I haven’t hugged my daughter or son for over a year now, I followed the rules. We can still be carriers even with having had the jabs, I believe.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Wasn’t the announcement about ‘intimate hugs’? If so I am up for it
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I haven’t hugged my daughter or son for over a year now, I followed the rules. We can still be carriers even with having had the jabs, I believe.
Both 'kids' are part of my bubble. I was lucky here.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone going out for one today?
My family complete with our close friends did not stop cuddling each other despite all those lock-down rules. Most of us live within about 3/4 of a mile circle, so all of us have been popping to see each other regardless of the rules. Our four girls were brought up to be very touchy-feely types and now my wife and I are in our twilight years, this upbringing has given us a very close-knit extended family now including 7 grandchildren. So my answer is, nothing is going to change here
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:09 AM

Not much of a hugger, so I haven't missed them. I don't refuse hugs but hardly ever instigate them. I expect there will be a few in the near future.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... thinking of experimenting with self-hugging, or might get intimate with any old tree I fancy.
Well said sir. That made I giggle.

No change in hugs by here just yet. Friends and the family without will get them eventually when they have had both jabs, but not before.

One thing I am hoping is that I shalln't be hugging the floor due to my usual clumsiness.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:29 AM

Being a serial hugger bugger I have really missed not being able to hug. My niece came round last night and I embraced her and I wanted to squeeze her so hard. It's been elbows with her family and my Dad, I darent hug my dad yet but I did a couple of weeks ago, it came naturally and we both looked at each other like 'what are we doing' .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top