Join for free
Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 01:18 PM

Re: Smoking free county

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think we should ALL respect others' opinions and beliefs.

Including those of smokers.
Sure! If they are stupid enough to deliberately harm themselves then let 'em.

But not in a way that exposes those of us who chose to avoid carcinogens. Smokers are those who encroach into the general environment. They are the intruders. They should be excluded.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

But not in a way that exposes those of us who chose to avoid carcinogens. Smokers are those who encroach into the general environment. They are the intruders. They should be excluded.
You wouldn't step in the path of a car Todger, so why stand too close to a smoker?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 01:31 PM

How do you feel about walking along the side of a busy high street?
I'm sure you'd complain about all those (non-electric) vehicles and insist that they find some alternative route to avoid bombarding you with carcinogens.

My advice is that you should join an organised protest group, obtain lots of banners, climb up on top of trains, dig up lawns, etc, etc. That should certainly make a difference.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You wouldn't step in the path of a car Todger, so why stand too close to a smoker?
Cars are allocated places on which to be driven. Smokers should be treated likewise. Not in certain places and not in the open air.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-02-2020, 02:08 PM

How do you feel about walking along the side of a busy high street?
I'm sure you'd complain about all those (non-electric) vehicles and insist that they find some alternative route to avoid bombarding you with carcinogens.

My advice is that you should join an organised protest group, obtain lots of banners, climb up on top of trains, dig up lawns, etc, etc. That should certainly make a difference.
Yes, I do object to having polluting vehicles on our roads and am delighted to see that this issue is being addressed and a program in place to get fossil fuel burners off our roads with measures having been introduced to clean up even filthy Diesel engines as part of this program.

It sickens me to see the amount of pure filth pumped out by many ships and even some of our trains still.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:51 PM

When I walk to the shops,I walk down an alley way...there is sheltered accommodation,right next to it.

There are usually 4carers,congregated at the beginning of the alley...propped up against a tree,smoking like chimneys,at certain times.....why should children/adults have to re route....because of the whole area,filled with smoke..plus it's right next to a play school.....not only am I phoning the sheltered accommodation manager..the council will also be getting a call.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When I walk to the shops,I walk down an alley way...there is sheltered accommodation,right next to it.

There are usually 4carers,congregated at the beginning of the alley...propped up against a tree,smoking like chimneys,at certain times.....why should children/adults have to re route....because of the whole area,filled with smoke..plus it's right next to a play school.....not only am I phoning the sheltered accommodation manager..the council will also be getting a call.
I think I can help!

Go down a different alleyway.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 02:57 PM

I think I can help!

Go down a different alleyway.
JBR...the route I take...is so much quicker....I guess I will have to clock watch....the problem is....everytime I walk that way....there is usually always a smoker,propped up against the tree.

That poor tree,I swear I hear it coughing at times.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-02-2020, 03:00 PM

Cars are allocated places on which to be driven. Smokers should be treated likewise. Not in certain places and not in the open air.
I reckon someone ought to invent a chamber for smokers..where no smoke can escape....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-02-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
JBR...the route I take...is so much quicker....I guess I will have to clock watch....the problem is....everytime I walk that way....there is usually always a smoker,propped up against the tree.
No, no. Think positive.

A longer walk will be so much better for you.

You'll avoid the smokers and, and here's the clever bit, you'll get more exercise too!

Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top