Join for free
Page 82 of 370 « First < 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:37 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
So do we get swarthy photos of you sans tooth...or toof...as the case may be? Will you paint a romantic and descriptive post on the experience?

I suppose not.

Anyway I hope the repair is an easy one, that you aren't numb too long, and that you are back out there tomorrow perhaps, working on that record...

There are twenty one sets of traffic lights between my house and my dentist.....And I must have got stopped at every one.......But still managed to arrive on time.....

My usual dentist goes on his holidays next week and his appointment book was 'chock a block' so I had to see another dentist.......Turns out he was Italian and sounded like Gino De Campo.......With tears in my eyes, and grit in my mouth he ground away at the old occlusion until it was ready to accept a brand new white filling. All my others are amalgam and I could make quite a profit if I weighed them all in for scrap...

The biggest shock came on my way out when the bill came to £56.......No wonder it's so hard to find a dentist at short notice, they're all on holiday and own shares in the local toffee factory...

Sorry.......Wandered off topic......
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:28 AM

Tachyon, you sound a lot like me. I love swimming on my back, but not what it does for my head . If you enjoyed swimming you would again. Have you considered resuming with back and side strokes and see where it gets you?
For about a week I did, when I was staying at a hotel that had a gym and a pool. No matter what I did I couldn't stay on the surface when swimming on my front. I just ended up swimming underwater. I honestly think it's because I lost a lot of weight and my centre of mass is different, or something. I used to be a fairly good swimmer, too.
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 04:47 PM

Lindyloo you are so right about swimming and arthritis. One of the reasons I love surfing so much is the way it reduces the stiffness in my joints.

Tachyon, you sound a lot like me. I love swimming on my back, but not what it does for my head . If you enjoyed swimming you would again. Have you considered resuming with back and side strokes and see where it gets you?

Ruthio, I had no idea how much you swim. I think your distances are impressive Do you employ different strokes? . Sometimes workouts (running, step aerobics) eat up my days, but I suppose there are worse hobbies .

DM57, it sounds like you have targeted workouts through the week. Is that correct?
Yes, Surfermom I do try to stick with a daily target routine. But sometime as we all know life makes you change things up.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:15 AM

Well, Tachyon, it sounds like you have the luxury of increasing your caloric intake in the name of exercise! Seriously though, are you working on weight gain, or are you trying to come up with an alternative to the swimming?

OGF, sitting at traffic lights hardly counts towards your yearly running goal, but we should give you a pass given that you were partially broken and all.
I can't also help but notice that your dental adventure and study in red lights all took place on Friday the 13th. While I am not superstitious, you are certainly giving us cause to believe...

That said, I am amazed you were seen on Friday. Here, dentists are on the golf course, sailing their boats, or scuba diving...but they aren't seeing patients. After all, they need an extra weekend day to spend all that extra filling money...

Guess what? I ran today! I limited myself to one mile since I am cheating by a day, but I felt fleet and free - escaping the bounds of gravity and all that I leave behind - and race towards. That was a loooooooong two weeks!

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:56 AM

Well, Tachyon, it sounds like you have the luxury of increasing your caloric intake in the name of exercise! Seriously though, are you working on weight gain, or are you trying to come up with an alternative to the swimming?
I lost around 8½ stone to try and help with the diabetes, which it sadly didn't. I obviously feel a hell of a lot better though, and enjoy the gym, though I can't go to the gym until I get checked out by the clinic first. With luck that might happen on Tuesday. Swimming would have been ideal, if I wasn't just sinking into the water as I swim.

I'm not really wanting to put weight back on, but with all the faffing around with different insulin types and different doses these last couple of weeks I don't think that would be happening anyway. My appetite is pretty minimal at the moment.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 04:02 AM

I would think you would have a tremendous sense of accomplishment and well-being for having the discipline to lose that amount of weight, Tachyon. You have my respect. While I know it had to be a disappointment that it did not resolve your blood sugar issues, I would think it would make your oveerall health more manageable. Well done!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

17-10-2017, 05:42 AM

Tufts of popcorn clouds dotting an otherwise cornflower sky perfectly complimented the UK’s Saharan amber. Preoccupation with that strange phenomenon swept away my apprehension of a painfully too-long hiatus. With the breezes picking up and the sun climbing higher, all I felt was anticipation. For my first day back, I had chosen a long wide road, framed with the flowers of autumn - goldenrod and coneflowers, asters and sunflowers, that stretched true and level for as far as the eye could see. I knew that if I could manage a nice easy pace and complete the run, it would be satisfying enough.

In a few tenths of a mile, I usually know whether or not a run is going to be easy or an act of labored determination, and such was the case today. By the first quarter mile, I realized that in two weeks, all the soreness of probable muscle overuse had disappeared; joints and muscle worked together in perfect unison without the slightest twinge or complaint. Though I was pushing the the speed and stride of legs holding strong, my lungs were less cooperative; a slow and persistent tightening let me know that slow acclimation was going to take a bit more time. At three miles, I decided not to tempt fate and called it a day. Tomorrow will be there waiting to offer more sunny miles, and while Mother Nature is slowly catching up to me, today, she wasn’t even close.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 11:32 AM

If only this morning's run would have been something to write home to Mum about I could have gone about my daily tasks with a spring in my step instead of the tiredness and lethargy I have been destined to carry for the rest of the day.....

Forgetting all mention of domestic appliances and teeth I stepped out into the howling wind as early as the increasing daylight would allow - just after 7:00 am now.
Even after the first mile I could feel my legs objecting to any kind of pace, so with the wind lending a helping hand I zipped up my running top and dug in. About half way round my eight miler the sun had finally made it to my side of the world, and it had shaken off its unusual red/orange cast that had made Monday such a strange but interesting day.

It was hard not to think about the heaviness that had overcome my muscles, and although through the middle stages of my run I had realised that I could still keep turning out the miles, I suppose it was the years of running that I was now relying on to ward off these 'Wussy' feelings. But as I entered the last two miles and turned onto the road of my outbound journey where the wind had done its best to assist, it had now turned against me and was pushing against my chest.

Those last two miles were the worst, almost blown to a standstill on a couple of occasions, and although as I approached the village I was stopped as a train thundered through the level crossings, the twenty seconds rest did nothing to relieve my tiredness.
I arrived home on my last gasp and stopped the watch.....I couldn't believe that I was only one minute outside my best time.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Tufts of popcorn clouds dotting an otherwise cornflower sky perfectly complimented the UK’s Saharan amber. Preoccupation with that strange phenomenon swept away my apprehension of a painfully too-long hiatus. With the breezes picking up and the sun climbing higher, all I felt was anticipation. For my first day back, I had chosen a long wide road, framed with the flowers of autumn - goldenrod and coneflowers, asters and sunflowers, that stretched true and level for as far as the eye could see. I knew that if I could manage a nice easy pace and complete the run, it would be satisfying enough.

In a few tenths of a mile, I usually know whether or not a run is going to be easy or an act of labored determination, and such was the case today. By the first quarter mile, I realized that in two weeks, all the soreness of probable muscle overuse had disappeared; joints and muscle worked together in perfect unison without the slightest twinge or complaint. Though I was pushing the the speed and stride of legs holding strong, my lungs were less cooperative; a slow and persistent tightening let me know that slow acclimation was going to take a bit more time. At three miles, I decided not to tempt fate and called it a day. Tomorrow will be there waiting to offer more sunny miles, and while Mother Nature is slowly catching up to me, today, she wasn’t even close.
Really glad to hear you are back on the road Surfermom, nice and steady does it though...
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 03:27 PM

So many runners I am not but that is awesome. Today for me it is upper body workout and on the glider till I can't anymore. Have a lovely day.

Page 82 of 370 « First < 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top