Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 05:00 PM

Re: After the storm Friday.

Hi all, glad the horrible winds have abated; that was quite a storm; made the 11 PM news last night. Glad all our members apparently are OK!

Quiet and sunny here, not quite as chilly as yesterday; a little before 11 AM and 6℃ (42℉). All's quiet as usual, down for mail and grass and making out the weekly menu: not sure what to have tonight. Soup sounds good.

Bob, had to chuckle at your torch comment; I've been on my UK forum since '05 and have become quite fluent in the Queen's English! Mags, lovely pic of Katie, what a pretty little girl. Jem, pic of the tree when MrsJ is finished? You have that nice new camera now.....

Stay warm and dry, people!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 05:41 PM

Its a great thing singing in a choir and you can see the light shining in her eyes,oh to be young again.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good morning everyone. I must share a secret that I chuckle at having to translate some of the speech habits from Europe. I was reading Bob's story about the storm and his use of torches. Understand that for me a torch is fire at the end of a stick. I do know enough about foreign jargon to understand that what Bob refers to as a torch Americans call a flashlight. Basically I'm just happy all is well and the animals didn't wander off.
Did you have images of the Ku Klux Klan wandering around in the dark Bob.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Did you have images of the Ku Klux Klan wandering around in the dark Bob.
The Klu Klux Klan were relegated to the Southern portion of the United States where I used to live. One of the clues that I was in Klan country happened many years ago when first moving to South Carolina. As I drove the interstate highway into South Carolina there was a huge billboard sign painted in bright red with white lettering that read, "You have just entered Klu Klux Klan Country"! I will never forget that sign that has long since been removed.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Mags, what a lovely photo of your granddaughter and how lovely that you got to see her sing not one solo but two
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Bless her, she's as pretty as a picture, a little elfin face. This is good enough to frame Mags.
Isn't she just Mary

It looks like Katie enjoyed her singing Mags I bet it gave her a bit of confidence to know her Nanna was there .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 09:47 PM

This is the tree Eileen, she wanted to pose in front of it, but then you wouldn't be able to see any part of the tree, only messin'

Mags, your grand daughter looks a pretty picture indeed, lovely girl, you've every right to be proud of her.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Oh well done, Mrs J, that's a lovely tree! Thanks for sharing, Jem!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Thank you Eileen, Annie, Marian, Meg and Jem for your lovely comments about Katie. She really is a lovely child, very kind and thoughtful and would do anything for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Jem, what a beautiful tree! Mrs.Jem made a good job of that. Well done!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top