Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:50 AM

Re: Massacre at Ballymurphy

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Back on topic

I saw this program and it is not often a program just shocks you with what you are watching, it appeared to be cold blooded murder of some of the people there, just picking them off one at a time with snipers, then making ridiculous accusations that a granny was firing a machine gun at them, I used to hear all this stuff as a kid and on the news it was all black and white, The British Army were the good guys and the Catholics the bad guys. I could not imagine what it must have been like to live through that sort of injustice, no wonder they hated the British so much.
Going to a Catholic school I was surrounded by the opposite .
Lots of children with Irish parents going on about the brutality of the British the Black and Tans and even Oliver Cromwell.
The irony of the fact that they were all living in the uk being educated courtesy of the British government passed them by .
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Bigoted reactionary nonsense .
You don't think it is full of Right wing Tories on here? and Brexiteers?

Lots of children with Irish parents going on about the brutality of the British the Black and Tans and even Oliver Cromwell.
The irony of the fact that they were all living in the uk being educated courtesy of the British government passed them by .
It still does not change he facts of what happened that day
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:57 AM

Being of Celt/Anglo Saxon descent, they have a perfect right to be here, and take advantage, as everyone else does of what the state offers. There are many of us, who object and voice that objection to what the 'state' does, and they have a right to protest issues which either affect them or to which they disagree.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Being of Celt/Anglo Saxon descent, they have a perfect right to be here, and take advantage, as everyone else does of what the state offers. There are many of us, who object and voice that objection to what the 'state' does, and they have a right to protest issues which either affect them or to which they disagree.
well said UJ - keep the ba...ds honest!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:03 AM

No they do not have a perfect right to slag off the country that feeds and educates them .
There may have been atrocities in the past we cannot change that but the Irish have more than made up for it with their many cowardly attacks on innocent civilians in the Uk.
So you can take your fifth column rubbish and shove it where the sun doesn't shine
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:26 AM

No they do not have a perfect right to slag off the country that feeds and educates them .
There may have been atrocities in the past we cannot change that but the Irish have more than made up for it with their many cowardly attacks on innocent civilians in the Uk.
So you can take your fifth column rubbish and shove it where the sun doesn't shine

Bullsh*t!!! As you often remind us, we live in a democracy (albeit an imperfect one), and in accordance with the Human Rights Act 1998, have the right to protest and object to actions of the state, as I have done on many occasions in the past.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2018, 11:05 AM

That is the trouble there are too many disloyal people who have the privilege to live in this country.
Immigrants have the right idea they know a good thing when they see on that is why they want to come here .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

10-09-2018, 11:10 AM

That is the trouble there are too many disloyal people who have the privilege to live in this country.
Immigrants have the right idea they know a good thing when they see on that is why they want to come here .

We're not obliged to be 'loyal', and no I don't stand for that funeral dirge of what is deemed the 'national anthem'.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2018, 11:14 AM

I admit that out National anthem is not the best but is certainly the best known !
Apart from the French and German anthems ( which are both stirring ) who can even hum another countries anthem?

No one is obliged to be loyal but it's the right thing to be especially to the country that supports you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

10-09-2018, 11:22 AM

I admit that out National anthem is not the best but is certainly the best known !
Apart from the French and German anthems ( which are both stirring ) who can even hum another countries anthem?

No one is obliged to be loyal but it's the right thing to be especially to the country that supports you.

This one!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFIWBQB1kE

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top