Join for free
Page 437 of 505 « First < 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:43 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Nightingale hospitals in some ares are on standby.
Why aren't they used for all cases straight away, not let patients with the virus into the other hospitals?!
Exactly tessa!!
WHY??
Perhaps they know nightingale capacity is not enough??

Donkeyman! 😷😷
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Exactly tessa!!
WHY??

Perhaps they know nightingale capacity is not enough??

Donkeyman! 😷😷

You took the words out of my mouth, Donkeyman and Tess.
Why indeed?
Could it be they haven't got the extra staff?

There are already many cases taking up beds in 'normal' hospitals, and risking spreading it to other vulnerable sick people.
I would have thought even the people treating these cases risk further spreading it too, unless they do not treat anyone but Corvid patients?

Something else I have wondered about too is, I never hear a word about the deceased patients. How are these bodies dealt with?
Does the infection die with them, or stay active for some time?
Can they go in the hospital mortuary?
Do ordinary undertakers handle them?
Is burial allowed, or do they have to be cremated because of infection?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You took the words out of my mouth, Donkeyman and Tess.
Why indeed?
Could it be they haven't got the extra staff?

There are already many cases taking up beds in 'normal' hospitals, and risking spreading it to other vulnerable sick people.
I would have thought even the people treating these cases risk further spreading it too, unless they do not treat anyone but Corvid patients?

Something else I have wondered about too is, I never hear a word about the deceased patients. How are these bodies dealt with?
Yes, I've wonder where the bodies are stored too Mups.
Regarding burial or cremations, I would have thought because they might still hold the infection, they would be cremated. But that's only my thoughts, I don't know for sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, I've wonder where the bodies are stored too Mups.
Regarding burial or cremations, I would have thought because they might still hold the infection, they would be cremated. But that's only my thoughts, I don't know for sure.

We never hear about that side of it, do we.

Someone did tell me that the old recycling tip about 10 miles from here has closed, and is being used to store bodies.
I don't know if it is true or not. I've heard that a couple of times now though.

Personally, I think with any highly contagious disease, cremation should be mandatory.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:22 PM

Someone did tell me that the old recycling tip about 10 miles from here has closed, and is being used to store bodies.
I don't know if it is true or not. I've heard that a couple of times now though.

Personally, I think with any highly contagious disease, cremation should be mandatory.
There is a temporary morgue set up about 5 minutes away from us. I don't know if it has been used yet but they have gone to a lot of trouble making it look so respectful, it is surrounded by tubs of flowers.

There will be enough space for 240 bodies there.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:22 PM

The virus won't stay active for long after a host dies. But when my neighbour's hubby died of Covid, she had to wait months for the funeral. They would not release the body. They do allow normal burials. You don't have to be cremated. In fact it's a good question whether you can be because at the height of the first wave I thought crematoriums were closed.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:24 PM

Yep, I agree.

But thinking some more - perhaps if folk adamantly want their loved one to be buried rather than cremated, hopefully they have some special solution or something to 'wipe' the infection out to make that possible.

I mean we know people have sometimes booked and paid for their bodies to be interred with their deceased loved ones.
Surely that must be respected in some way, even though there might be risks maybe they've (hopefully) figured a way round.
In those case, it's sad to think they will be apart even in death.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-10-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There is a temporary morgue set up about 5 minutes away from us. I don't know if it has been used yet but they have gone to a lot of trouble making it look so respectful, it is surrounded by tubs of flowers.

There will be enough space for 240 bodies there.

Oh, I bet it is true here as well then, Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 11:37 PM

Oh, I bet it is true here as well then, Mags.
Maybe Mups, they will only used when absolutely necessary...

"We must be ready to ensure we deal with that in the most dignified and sensitive way possible so we can respect the deceased and their families.

"We are following national guidance, and building a temporary mortuary will be similar to a number of others planned around the country, as we all come to terms with the tragic implications of this crisis."

The council said its staff working would be offered emotional support, and the morgue, which will be close to nearby housing, would be "discreetly concealed".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-10-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The virus won't stay active for long after a host dies. But when my neighbour's hubby died of Covid, she had to wait months for the funeral. They would not release the body. They do allow normal burials. You don't have to be cremated. In fact it's a good question whether you can be because at the height of the first wave I thought crematoriums were closed.

I am a bit surprised at that Annie.

Although I realise it is nothing like the same, I remember reading about Anthrax cattle being burned because of risking soil contamination otherwise. And even if some were buried very deep down, it caused concern when the fields flooded in winter.

Pesta, I take your point though, about families last wishes and such.
Difficult isn't it.

Page 437 of 505 « First < 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top