Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Re: Three way mirrors in changing rooms

... and you're right ....you handsome brute.
After seeing your legs who am I too argue with you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't know about that ... but it's always struck me that all women start to look more masculine as they age anyway. Their faces become 'manly'. Blokes age better and often their looks improve.
What????
I don’t notice this at all.
In fact, my husband who is far younger than me looks much older and his face seemed to literally drop in a years time making him look very similar to his mom which I’d ‘best’ not describe what ‘that’ looks like.

My mom is 85 now and she most certainly isn’t looking more masculine. In fact her hair is longer, she’s thinner and is actually turning into a sweet old lady which surprises the heck out of me. She’s looks very frail but most feminine.

And I most certainly don’t look anywhere close to masculine.
Not a chance. I’m still very feminine looking.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:48 AM

OGF will agree with this, its a pity folks don't spend as much time worrying about keeping there physical frame in good functioning shape, it is no good being 70 and looking 25, if you cant skip up a few flights of stairs without getting out of breath.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
OGF will agree with this, its a pity folks don't spend as much time worrying about keeping there physical frame in good functioning shape, it is no good being 70 and looking 25, if you cant skip up a few flights of stairs without getting out of breath.
But if one is 70 and looks 25, chances are they ARE in great again and CAN make it up those stairs without running out of breath. Besides which, nobody looks 25 at 70 years old.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What????
I don’t notice this at all.
In fact, my husband who is far younger than me looks much older and his face seemed to literally drop in a years time making him look very similar to his mom which I’d ‘best’ not describe what ‘that’ looks like.

My mom is 85 now and she most certainly isn’t looking more masculine. In fact her hair is longer, she’s thinner and is actually turning into a sweet old lady which surprises the heck out of me. She’s looks very frail but most feminine.

And I most certainly don’t look anywhere close to masculine.
Not a chance. I’m still very feminine looking.
It's only my own observation ... when I look in the mirror.
But women do often tend to look more masculine, usually in their jawline.
I don't mean you in particular Bratti.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 02:02 PM

Eh??...Am I beginning to look like a Man? Maybe that's why the Lady Teller in the Bank called Me Sweetheart this morning

I don't try on clothes in the store,I just take 'em back if they don't fit or suit Me.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:14 PM

I think it's the whiskers that do it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

25-06-2019, 04:15 PM

Yes. Your observation.
Sorry for appearing so offended. I really wasn’t.,🥰
Perhaps just more surprised than anything. Maybe there is some truth to it and I haven’t been observant enough to notice. We do get more facial hair. I hope it’s not true Morti.
I hope my voice doesn’t change to become more masculine.
Being feminine is wonderful. I don’t want to ever lose that.

Can I start whining about the unfairness of that now? 😏lol
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

25-06-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I think it's the whiskers that do it.
Meow! 🤬

☺️
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:24 PM

You are correct, in general, particularly about women who are a lot older.

It's all down to the reduced oestrogen, post-menopause, and hence the relative increase in testosterone balance.

I think a lot of the old stereotypes about grumpy old battle-axe women were due to that too. The relative increase in testosterone, etc., again.

The jawline effect could also be due to less elastic facial tissue, of course.

It might be less apparent these days as women become more conscious of their appearance growing older than perhaps they used to.

However, you only have have to look at old photos of old women from the past, to see this effect.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top