Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:34 AM

Re: Harry & Meghan's contempt for the British Public.

What a load of pure unadulterated horse apples!

Take tourism for starters. Tourists don't come here in the expectation of catching a glimpse of the überbbenefitscroungers! They come to visit Britain! To tour our country and in many cases their ancestral homeland.

Then the Royal Estates. That's a brilliant bit of spin that is a perfect ten on the Goebbels scale.

The income from the Royal estates comes mostly from the rents and charges that are taken from the people who work and live on them!

But let's look at the costs. £100 million? Oh come on!

What about all the related costs? The huge costs of security that is involved, the huge costs of maintenance of the notionally public owned things that are for their exclusive use, the extent of the "royals" - much more than just Mrs Windsor, there's a swarm of them that all require security and protection, oh it's just so pathetic.

Worse yet people actually fall for the cost vs benefit claim.

The REAL cost of the shower runs into BILLIONS when all the indirect and associated costs get factored in.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

He is a man with values.

He takes his place in the queue.

He opens the door to the oldies.

He put himself in danger to fight for us.

Absolutely no special precautions.

Leave him alone.

His life, his choice.

He is a High Value Target.

We have to protect him.
Who is?

It's no one that I recognise from any of the Windsor lot.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Who is?

It's no one that I recognise from any of the Windsor lot.
Hi

That is why you are a complete arse and wind up merchant.

Ever been and put your life on the line?

Nope, he has, you haven't.

End of story.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-07-2019, 09:18 AM

Hi

End of story.
Put his !I've on the line? By leading from the rear!

That obnoxious creep put a lot of people lives on the line by his presence safely tucked away but creating a huge target for the filth.

Put his life on the line. Pffft.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:28 AM

Hi

End of story.
A lot of people have put their life on the line but they don't receive the same benefits that he does.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:17 AM

I must be incurably cynical because I can remember when there was a raid on the camp in Afghan when Harry served there.
Harry was the target. It could be said his presence there endangered other soldiers lives over and above the usual occupation risk of serving there. I seriously doubt he even buffed his own boots.

I had this image of the camp been raided .. and dozens of blokes, instead of racing to meet the threat in true grit military fashion , instead, circling Harry in a human shield to keep him safe and bolting away from the conflict.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Shroppy, my apologies if I upset you, I didn't mean to.

When I said about people always finding fault etc, it was the reporters and newspapers I had in mind. The way they love to find something negative and stir up trouble.
You remember that idiot Danny Baker recently getting the sack because of his stupid tweet about the new baby being like a young Ape?
Then there has been the ongoing bad publicity from her dreadful family back in the USA?
I am not surprised they want to keep to themselves.

For all we know, the baby might even have a small imperfection that the newspapers would love to enlarge upon and make a cheap story out of.
When my own son was born, he had a hare lip, and the poor mite didn't look quite as pretty as other babies on the ward at the time.
We just don't know.

This young couple are doing things very differently to how we've traditionally seen the Royals behave.

Many don't like it. It's different and they want to know why.

But at the end of the day, it is their choice and they must have their reasons for this change of public behaviour.
We are not permitted to know what their reasons are though, so people guess and come up with 2+2= 5.

I do agree with what Judd said though, they are a young couple doing it their way, and in traditional Royal circles, that takes guts.

I do also think Dongle's made a fair point too though, when he said if they want to pull away from the type of Royal life, fair enough, but in that case they should fund themselves more.

Hope that clarifies how I feel a bit better.

Morning Mups, Thankyou but there is absolutely no need to apologise. I wrongly assumed you meant the public rather than the media ilk, so here's back at you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Morning Mups, Thankyou but there is absolutely no need to apologise. I wrongly assumed you meant the public rather than the media ilk, so here's back at you.

Thanks Shroppy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Solasch;1736386]I wish my wife and me would have had harry/megan's sense when our first was born. Grandparents from both sides claimed the baby, showering us with best-meant advice. Making the mother unsure, worried. I would have driven them from our house. My wife was eager to keep the family ties intact.
What a relief that young, modern people stick up a finger to protocol, media claims, and women who want the privilige to have the first glimpse of the baby.
Let those young parents enjoy their baby son as long as they can. Society will claim their lives soon enough. Now is their moment, their choices, don't begrudge it to them or those they chose to show their baby.[/QUOTE

Solasch, I think every young new mother with her first baby would resonate with your viewpoint. I was the same with my first born, terrified that I was doing everything the wrong way but still rather resentful at times when well-meaning and helpful sets of parents and sister-in-laws who had already had their babies, bombarded me with advice on how everything should be done. (even though just being near and available for tons of advice was immeasurable.

But..... I will always believe that whilst Royals such as Harry are being fully subsidised by the taxpayers of this country, either as the son of the Crown Prince and brother of William, or as a much-loved son of Diane, or merely as a convenient figurehead to boost tourist numbers, the public rightly expect (and yes, I emphasise the word expect) at the very least, the both of them showing off their first born.

I am happy to receive criticism for my views on this, but when we start hearing excuses such as there may be something wrong with the baby, or we wish to see if it's a black baby, we really are scraping the barrel with excuses.

If it is Meghan's decision that she and Harry want complete privacy in their marriage and family, as I said earlier, that's fine, but remove all of themselves from the Public Purse, get a job and support his family. He and Meghan would certainly gain more respect than that of the fast growing resentment and loss of respect they are receiving to-date.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I must be incurably cynical because I can remember when there was a raid on the camp in Afghan when Harry served there.
Harry was the target. It could be said his presence there endangered other soldiers lives over and above the usual occupation risk of serving there. I seriously doubt he even buffed his own boots.

I had this image of the camp been raided .. and dozens of blokes, instead of racing to meet the threat in true grit military fashion , instead, circling Harry in a human shield to keep him safe and bolting away from the conflict.
I agree although I realise it is unfair for me to think it seeing as I wasn't actually there. I also believe that the TV news interview that was interrupted by a 'shout' was set up.... but that's just my opinion.

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top