Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:01 PM

Re: What is happening to our country with all this violent crime?

Originally Posted by Tr1sh ->
I have only just heard that an 18 year old was stabbed to death in Brixton this afternoon allegedly because he had not settled a debt of £10. The attacker was 17 years old.

I cannot even begin to understand how a child grows up to have this sort of mindset.
Possibly the debt was drug-related. They grow up in this way perhaps as there is no father figure to discipline them, no respect is taught nor are they shown that every action has consequences. They also see that time in jail means very little with lenient sentencing, often being put inside has a certain status so another 'positive' to feed their strange mindsets!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They start off playing online games and end up on the street acting it out for real. What's real and what's a game becomes blurred.
Do we really have any factual evidence that connects them?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
There's no scientific link but then how do you prove it? When they try to prove or disprove they don't look at street gangs but at your average normal kid. It's like linking hip hop to violence. Many are convinced it's a cause, but has it ever been proven?
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
id say it is part of the problem. With a whole lot of other issues.
complex problems need complex solutions?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:31 PM

Stuff has been going on for yonks.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Possibly the debt was drug-related. They grow up in this way perhaps as there is no father figure to discipline them, no respect is taught nor are they shown that every action has consequences. They also see that time in jail means very little with lenient sentencing, often being put inside has a certain status so another 'positive' to feed their strange mindsets!
Far more likely. Drug intake is so much on the increase, cannabis one thing but cocaine can cause nasty and vicious reactions. They all cause psychosis of one degree or another. Unfortunately , the kids are becoming younger and getting caught up in the business before they know their 12 x table, and I would think that ridding the country of drugs is not going to happen .
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Far more likely. Drug intake is so much on the increase, cannabis one thing but cocaine can cause nasty and vicious reactions. They all cause psychosis of one degree or another. Unfortunately, the kids are becoming younger and getting caught up in the business before they know their 12 x table, and I would think that ridding the country of drugs is not going to happen .
Well there's definitely not much chance of that when drug rehabilitation centres are being cut, and cut to the bone too:

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/drug...rising-deaths/
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well there's definitely not much chance of that when drug rehabilitation centres are being cut, and cut to the bone too:

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/drug...rising-deaths/
They all queue up outside the chemists for methadone up here. That's not drug rehabilitation.
I know someone whose father has recently paid almost
£10 grand for his daughter to into rehab for alcoholics . She spent a month, came out and was drinking again with 2 weeks. Just as bad now as ever she was , so what was the point ? Why should rehab centres be funded when they do nothing .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 06:57 AM

They all queue up outside the chemists for methadone up here. That's not drug rehabilitation.
£10 grand for his daughter to into rehab for alcoholics . She spent a month, came out and was drinking again with 2 weeks. Just as bad now as ever she was , so what was the point ? Why should rehab centres be funded when they do nothing .
They give methadone to manage the problem because at least then they are not buying from a dealer with dirty needles. But addicts get the free stuff then top up from a dealer and end up in a&e. Once someone is on the cycle it's nearly impossible to get off.
Baz46

17-08-2019, 07:34 AM

£10 grand for his daughter to into rehab for alcoholics . She spent a month, came out and was drinking again with 2 weeks. Just as bad now as ever she was, so what was the point ? Why should rehab centres be funded when they do nothing .
For me not knowing full details about the process of drug or alcohol rehabilitation I only see, hear and read about what is happening in society. That just seems to be getting worse which coupled with less and less resources to combat this, can only result in more people who, as you say queue for their methadone. It's a 'chicken and egg' situation I believe, the rehab centres are needed but not enough of them are funded so the situation with numbers of people requiring them increases as more take up this habit so more need help.

With that person you know, who spent a small fortune trying to help his daughter stop drinking but the 'treatment' failed, no money in the world will prevent a person doing anything if they themselves don't wish to or cannot stop, so return to their habit.

I believe there is something drastically wrong in our society when initially, some people feel there is a need to take drugs or drink alcohol, to the point where they become addicted. That I reckon is where the answer to the problem lies, but the problem is now getting so much out of hand that it's becoming almost impossible to halt.

Both those habits are reckoned to be responsible for a high percentage of crime so there is another problem created by the original problem. Then take what the drug and alcohol problems cost the NHS and there's another problem. Add to that today's mental health issues, caused it's reckoned by taking drugs, and that's a further problem. All this I believe is linked and due to whatever people feel is lacking in their lives, in today's society, that leads them down the path of alcohol and drugs.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top