Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:34 AM

Re: Looking for reviews.

Ah, the Samsung Exploder

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/178142...nes-exploding/
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:39 AM

I see the report was written 2 years ago Ray so hopefully they have put it right now & the phone is safer than ever.

I would hope so anyway!!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:46 AM

It seems to have been discontinued in October 2016.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Carol, I have a Samsung J3 2016 I bought three years ago new for £126 then. I'm due to get another one soon. It's mine so there's no contract and it's not even pay as you go either.

I bought it outright from Tesco and only pay for the internet charge of £6 per month, though that is mainly used through wi-fi. But it's good enough for me. I don't play games on it or even bother with apps or music. Most of it is used for calls, texts, memos and talking to you lot.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Ah, the Samsung Exploder

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/178142...nes-exploding/
Oops! Yes quite right
Mine must be a Note 8..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thank you Rhian. I am adding it to my list of final considerations.

I've been looking on Carphone warehouse & they don't seem to sell unlocked phones. I don't want one with a contract.

I bought my new SIM-free Motorola from Carphone Warehouse.

They do the HONOR 10 Lite for £169.99

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ho...GB&dealType=sf

or the HONOR 10 for £219.99

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ho...GB&dealType=sf

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Thank you Omah I think I will go to carphone warehouse when I'm ready to buy. I just want to wait for the refund for the iphone to come through and also for my daughter in law Paula to return from her holidays.

Paula likes to go with me to advise but she gave me the wrong advice about the iphone so in the end I will make my own mind up & she can lump it..

How about your Motorola then? Is that a budget phone - do you like it?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thank you Omah I think I will go to carphone warehouse when I'm ready to buy. I just want to wait for the refund for the iphone to come through and also for my daughter in law Paula to return from her holidays.

Paula likes to go with me to advise but she gave me the wrong advice about the iphone so in the end I will make my own mind up & she can lump it..

How about your Motorola then? Is that a budget phone - do you like it?
The Motorola G7 Plus, at £269.99, is, I suppose mid-range, but it's the latest and best Motorola so far ..... I've had 3 since 2011.

Other models:

£149 - G7 Play
£179 - G7 Power
£239 - G7

Moto G7 vs Plus vs Play vs Power

Motorola’s range of affordable Moto G phones has been refreshed for 2019. There are four Moto G7 models including the Play, Plus and Power so choosing might be tricky. Here we compare them on price, design and specs.
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/buying...power-3691887/

There's a summary at the end of the article.

All the G7 phones have USB-C now along with features like a headphone jack and fingerprint scanners.

They all have NFC apart from the G7 Play.

NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology that allows devices to exchange information simply by placing them next to one another - for me, that means I can use my phone instead of debit/credit cards to pay for goods/services - it's a more secure method and one of the main reasons that I bought the phone .....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 09:06 PM

I have a Samsung J6 which I am quite happy with. It does everything I need it for and the camera is not bad. I think you can buy it for between £160 and £200 (depending where you shop). I have mine on contract from Tesco and pay £12.50 per month. When the contract is up the phone is mine.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top