Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 08:50 AM

Re: Be On Your Guard.

That's not true about banks never e-mail you Patsy. I've had many an e-mail from my bank but only to tell me there's a message for me on their site which I can only access by going through their logging on procedure.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 09:00 AM

Yes thanks Alan - good to know this .....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 10:51 PM

I do online banking and so far so good but then again I earn my living off computers so I have an advantage. Whenever I carry out some repair or other for members of my family and I see the kind of programs that are installed - hacking ones - I tell them in no way should they do online banking or anything else related to it. If they are hell bent on doing so I mention that maybe they should get a cheap laptop, or other computer, that is fully protected and is never used for surfing the net, just used for online banking and purchases, along with being 'clean' and fully protected. Asking for trouble otherwise unless you know what you are doing.
kierra
Nashville, TN
kierra is female 

10-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Alan Cooke. I do all my banking/bill paying online, too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top