Join for free
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 10:56 AM

Another Scam..

They're getting good at it...but there's always something...Like the spelling of Untill

Be careful what you open in your Emails...and don't download anything.A bank will always send you a letter if they're genuine.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Re: Another Scam..

Good advice, thanks Paul...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:06 AM

Yes, thanks Paul.
Buggers keep dreaming 'em up, don't they.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:07 AM

Yes thanks for that Poohdog. I know we all think that we would never be fooled..... but they wouldn't keep doing these scams if they didn't catch people out.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:32 AM

This one is easy – I don’t even bank with Natwest!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
This one is easy – I don’t even bank with Natwest!
Neither do I, but I suspect they have logos for all the banks and change them every few weeks!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 12:35 PM

Hi

Sadly this sort of thing is going to become more and more common with the High Street Banks continually closing branches and forcing us to go online.

I used to be able to visit the HSBC in Whitchurch or Drayton whilst shopping.

Now I have to travel miles, Nantwich being the nearest.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sadly this sort of thing is going to become more and more common with the High Street Banks continually closing branches and forcing us to go online.

Our transport firm have been emptying lots of HSBC branches of all the fixtures and fittings recently, I myself did the one in Drayton a few months back, and all the stuff is delivered to a warehouse in Telford, offloaded and stored for scrap or resale if in a reasonable state,.. e.g. furniture & cabinets Microwaves, , fridges ( kitchen equipment etc )
and when I emptied it I couldn't even turn right at the top of the road for fear of hitting the buildings as it was so narrow.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

03-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree Swim, but I think this has been a long term plan by the banks. They didn't invest a fortune into massive computer systems, without plans on how they could pay for them! Back in the 80's they denied there would be massive job losses, but by the early 90's they were already getting rid of staff and reducing salaries, by various means.
In the 60's they drew us all into banking by making sure the majority of salaries were paid into bank accounts, rather than being paid in cash... and now we only have machines and call centres when we have a problem.
Life is easy for scammers ...... especially when many older people, with money, have little knowledge of how banks run now!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top