Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Re: Petition by Age UK protesting withdrawal of free TV licences for over 75s

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's only free to the users. It has to be paid for by tax payers. At the very least it should be means tested. Sorry folks, it's only fair to the people who are paying for these Benefits.
Ever heard ot prepaid Todgy??
Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Ever heard ot prepaid Todgy??
Regards Donkeyman!
Prepaid does not apply.

Taxes were spent in the budget year and still are.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the latest Baz, I was going to post this but you beat me to it.
We'll have to wait and see now.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Prepaid does not apply.

Taxes were spent in the budget year and still are.
Just asking Todgy??
Donkeyman!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:17 AM

Latest news on abolishing free TV licences for over 75s saga!

The BBC blame the government and guess what, yes the government blame the BBC!

Isn't it time they both got their acts together? The signal that goes out for reception of TV programmes is not dependent on a licence being paid by the viewer, it goes out anyway! What it does though is provides a lot of wealthy people with even more wealth!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49469337
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:18 AM

The BBC and ITV are in the final stages of talks about launching the subscription service in the UK by the end of 2019.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The BBC and ITV are in the final stages of talks about launching the subscription service in the UK by the end of 2019.
No wonder they didn't want to allow those who don't watch any BBC programmes to do so without a license! The rules were changed as soon as it was realised this was happening and people were also viewing TV programmes on their computers. Now we know why!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49037855
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
So that you can pay once again to watch the shite you have already paid for with the TV licence/adverts.

Wonder if the Beeb's streaming service will have adverts shown? If so, why can't they show them on their TV stations now and get rid of the legalised extortion of the TV licence?

Why? Because the current revenue stream is easy money. If I had my way, I'd close the BBC down completely and sack all of their overpaid `personalities` and executives.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
So that you can pay once again to watch the shite you have already paid for with the TV licence/adverts.

Wonder if the Beeb's streaming service will have adverts shown? If so, why can't they show them on their TV stations now and get rid of the legalised extortion of the TV licence?

Why? Because the current revenue stream is easy money. If I had my way, I'd close the BBC down completely and sack all of their overpaid `personalities` and executives.
You and me both.

I suspect that most people would prefer the BBC to become a commercial station and lose any government/public financing.

Its overt bias would then have to end or it would have even fewer followers, and with very low audience figures no-one would want to advertise with them.

In a true democracy what the majority of people want, they would get.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:45 PM

People who complain about the BBC being left wing
obviously never watch it. It follows the Establishment in by far the majority of cases.

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top