Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Wash up as you go.

When cooking.?

Or maybe load the dishwasher as you go?

How do you do it?

Or maybe you leave all the washing up until the end?

I have to wash ,dry up the saucepans as I go.

Just made chicken and mushroom filling for a pie,..everything has been washed ,dried up by hand.

Just waiting for the filling to cool down,so I can then add the pastry base and lid.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:09 PM

Re: Wash up as you go.

I leave dishes and pots in hot soapy water in the washing up bowl.
Then I rinse them and put them in the dishwasher after soaking the food off.
I don't see the point in having a dishwasher and washing dishes yourself
I hate standing at the sink getting backache.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 05:07 PM

When serving up our dinner, I will pass the saucepans, dishes etc to my Husband, he will wash them and leave them on the drainer, then when we have finished our dinner, I will wipe them up and put them away. We never leave the washing up.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
When serving up our dinner, I will pass the saucepans, dishes etc to my Husband, he will wash them and leave them on the drainer, then when we have finished our dinner, I will wipe them up and put them away. We never leave the washing up.
Sounds like you work as a team,Susie.

I never leave washing up either,...I like it all done as I go.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Yes we do work as a team, while i'm cooking the dinner OH will lay the table, after washing up the dishes, OH will wash our dining table and mats, then I will go over it with the tea towel, same with the Work Surface and Cooker.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:25 PM

I do the cooking, ms d00d does the washing up.

Things like chopping board and knife I wash while the food's cooking.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:31 PM

Everything that can go into the dishwasher does so as I cook - the remainder is washed up by OH, in fact sometimes he removes things from the dishwasher to wash up - whatever makes him happy I say!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

01-07-2019, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Everything that can go into the dishwasher does so as I cook - the remainder is washed up by OH, in fact sometimes he removes things from the dishwasher to wash up - whatever makes him happy I say!

Sounds like he enjoys washing up,Margaret,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

01-07-2019, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I do the cooking, ms d00d does the washing up.

Things like chopping board and knife I wash while the food's cooking.
Lucky,Mrs dOOd,..she gets to enjoy your cooking.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 05:16 PM

As I am the main chef and washerupper in our house, I tend to do both, as I go along unless the thing I am creating requires constant attention.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top