Join for free
Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 07:36 PM

Re: introducing MURTAGH

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Lovely little fellow!
Thanks Besoeker.

He's booked in for training camp in three weeks time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LD Murtagh is growing fast .

Chloe loves the hair drier, when I am drying my hair she rushes upstairs to have it trained on her beard
He is growing very fast Meg. the real shock is when I pick my cats up, they weigh a ton in comparison.

It's good that Chloe loves the hairdryer, makes bath time fun rather than a nightmare.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-08-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Once - and only once - It took a lot of brandy and bandages!

Year, ago I was decorating and my then cat, Merlin, followed me up the step ladder - fell off the top - into a bucket of wallpaper paste - the fungicidal type. Was frightened it would poison him - so washed him in the kitchen sink. Not a pleasant experience for either of us!!
Ew, I can imagine. A very sticky experience. Olivia jumped into a roller tray when she was a kitten and painted little white paw prints all over the house.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-08-2019, 02:35 PM

A big day out today.

Took him in the car to the seaside. It's only a 15 min journey but he was a bit sick in the car but that was our fault, next time we will not feed him beforehand. We walked him along the promenade for about twenty minutes and he absolutely loved it. He was very calm and was happy to walk side by side with other, much bigger dogs and it took us ages to get to the dog beach because everyone kept stopping us to say hello to him. One man said that meeting him had made his day. We stopped outside a hotel for a coffee and he had water out of his portable water bowl.

Anyway, when we finally got to the dog beach, we had a sit down and he was happy sitting there watching the waves come in and out. I carried him back to the car because I didn't want to over do it. The return journey was uneventful, he just laid down. He has been asleep since we got back which was two hours ago.

All in all a good day for him (and us) I think.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A big day out today.

Took him in the car to the seaside. It's only a 15 min journey but he was a bit sick in the car but that was our fault, next time we will not feed him beforehand. We walked him along the promenade for about twenty minutes and he absolutely loved it. He was very calm and was happy to walk side by side with other, much bigger dogs and it took us ages to get to the dog beach because everyone kept stopping us to say hello to him. One man said that meeting him had made his day. We stopped outside a hotel for a coffee and he had water out of his portable water bowl.

Anyway, when we finally got to the dog beach, we had a sit down and he was happy sitting there watching the waves come in and out. I carried him back to the car because I didn't want to over do it. The return journey was uneventful, he just laid down. He has been asleep since we got back which was two hours ago.

All in all a good day for him (and us) I think.
Aww I am glad he enjoyed his little adventure.... now you need to teach him how to say " can we go to the beach again Dad"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:51 PM

That sounds a lovely outing for him, dongle.
He'll be able to write that in his diary tonight.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-08-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Aww I am glad he enjoyed his little adventure.... now you need to teach him how to say " can we go to the beach again Dad"
I'm sure he will find a way Twink, he is so spoilt.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-08-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds a lovely outing for him, dongle.
He'll be able to write that in his diary tonight.

He hasn't bitten me once since we got back so I think he must have enjoyed himself.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:50 PM

Sounds like you all had a good day LD .
On Chloe's first trip to the beach (a shallow one in Wales) not knowing what it was she ran into the sea ,stopped dead and refused to move . I hade to wade in and lift her out
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-08-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sounds like you all had a good day LD .
On Chloe's first trip to the beach (a shallow one in Wales) not knowing what it was she ran into the sea ,stopped dead and refused to move . I hade to wade in and lift her out
Ah bless her. I might need to wear shorts next time in that case.

Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top