Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Where were you..?

Can you remember where you were and what you were doing, when historic or tragic events happened, ?
For example, can you remember the first moon landing...where you were and what you were doing..?
I was 9, and I thought I remembered Niel Armstrong setting foot on the moon, but I think this happened in the early hours so I would have been in bed
I remember seeing the headline in a blokes newspaper about elvis being found dead, as I rode to work on the top deck of a bus.
Where were you when history was unfolding...?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Re: Where were you..?

I was here as planned.

Why? Where were you?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I was here as planned.

Why? Where were you?
You're not funny, Gravitas. It doesn't suit you.
Answer the question in a respectable fashion, gloomy drawers.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Can you remember where you were and what you were doing, when historic or tragic events happened, ?
For example, can you remember the first moon landing...where you were and what you were doing..?
I was 9, and I thought I remembered Niel Armstrong setting foot on the moon, but I think this happened in the early hours so I would have been in bed
I remember seeing the headline in a blokes newspaper about elvis being found dead, as I rode to work on the top deck of a bus.
Where were you when history was unfolding...?

I honestly can't remember,Primus..was that his real foot that touched the moon?....or was it a metal boot?....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:47 PM

I was here as planned.

Why? Where were you?

Were you just born?...or maybe you were a youngster,when man reached the moon?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:13 PM

I can clearly remember where I was when I watched the moon landing.
I was a young teenager then. My old great aunt was very excited about the moon landing and thought it was important for my generation to witness it firsthand.
She invited me to stay with her, so we could sit up through the night to watch it together.
We made our preparations, having an afternoon nap beforehand, so we would be bright eyed and bushy tailed for our late night/early morning vigil.
I remember going to the shops that day to get in a few nibbles to keep us both going - a box of quality street and a quarter of milk bottles - my favourite sweets.

I still remember the awe and excitement we both felt watching it all -
“That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” - stirring, exciting and awesome.

I watched it all again recently on a TV programme to celebrate the anniversary of the moon landing. It took me right back to that night, sitting in the Victorian-style sitting room of my Great Aunt - munching milk bottles, while my mind was being blown at the magnitude of what I was seeing on the grainy pictures on a small TV screen.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:18 PM

I remember where I was when I heard about the Aberfan disaster. I was washing my hair at the kitchen sink because the bathroom was wasn't free.

I was in Yugoslavia when I heard that Elvis died. It was in a foreign newspaper that I couldn't translate, so I asked a local why Elvis's picture was in the paper.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:23 PM

I remember when John F Kennedy was shot, I was 13 and watching TV at my uncle's house when the programme was interrupted by the news of his assassination.

The moon landing was a month before our wedding, it was fascinating watching the coverage of it.

We were watching the TV and saw the second plane hit the Twin Towers as it happened. So tragic.

I created a 9/11 picture.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	9 11.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	10307  
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:33 PM

I’d taken a sickie, just dropped the mrs at work, coming home I hit a patch of black ice and smashed up my Alfa Romeo, alfasud, when I got home I put the news on to see the shocking events, the challenger shuttle had exploded that morning, ill never forget that day...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:55 PM

I was here as planned.

Why? Where were you?
He just told you he was in bed Gravitas!!
Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top