Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:21 PM

The Dishonesty in the Media - Re: Trump's "Send Them Back" Comment.

In all the debates I've heard about this issue, to a man (and woman - I won't have any sexism of my threads thank you very much) they don't specify the sort he was specifically talking about. He was talking about those who flee to America for a better life, from a "shit-hole country" who then make a lucrative career slagging off America and Americans. Not those who don't.

It's a big, big difference and they shouldn't try to hoodwink the low information public who watch them.

Yasmin Alibatshit-Brown is a very good example of what I mean - in this country. I put up a thread on this issue sometime ago. It was quickly deleted for some reason.

NB Another excellent thread brought to you by Gravitas.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:32 PM

Re: The Dishonesty in the Media - Re: Trump's "Send Them Back" Comment.

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
In all the debates I've heard about this issue, to a man (and woman - I won't have any sexism of my threads thank you very much) they don't specify the sort he was specifically talking about. He was talking about those who flee to America for a better life, from a "shit-hole country" who then make a lucrative career slagging off America and Americans. Not those who don't.

It's a big, big difference and they shouldn't try to hoodwink the low information public who watch them.

Yasmin Alibatshit-Brown is a very good example of what I mean - in this country. I put up a thread on this issue sometime ago. It was quickly deleted for some reason.

Anyone? ANYONE at all?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:07 PM

Another? - where are the others?.......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 11:00 AM

I have studied your post carefully Gravitas and in great detail and have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what you are talking about. Do we have anyone on here that is able to translate?

Anyone??

Gravitas
North England

21-07-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have studied your post carefully Gravitas and in great detail and have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what you are talking about. Do we have anyone on here that is able to translate?

Anyone??

Best leave the thinking to me, mate.

You have a lie down now.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 11:50 AM

Well - just to appease....

Didn't the media deliberately leave out the last part of what Don said?

"Go back to your own countries and sort them out.
Then, come back and tell us how it's done."

Didn't they leave out the part in bold??
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:01 PM

I can't help thinking it would be quite the strain on the Ancestry/Family Tree websites if everyone bar the Native Americans had to find a way to "go back home"
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 12:16 PM

LOL!

Not just North America.€

I'd have fun!

One half in Russia, one half in or around Germany!

But my heart in Israel. Eretz Yisrael.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:42 PM

It’s difficult to discuss fully over American politics when I for one, know very little about it. But, I do appreciate that women such as Omar (a Muslm from Somalia) is made out to be completely innocent when she and her colleagues were allegedly racially abused by Trump, when even here across the pond, we now learn that all of these women are actually avid Democratic activiists and against the Trump administration.” which makes him look really bad in everyone’s eyes, for stating such racist comment.

Omar, in particular, is intent on getting Trump impeached. She and her colleagues even voted against a $4million aid package for the border as they stated it endorsed Trump’s immigration policy.

Problem is, Trump is a master at putting his foot in his mouth when it comes to commenting on his Twitter feed. Half the time he types something that is not meant to read as he has put it, but that is too late once it goes to print! And his other problem is that most of the media over there hate him anyway. He is the last person on earth who should be putting his thoughts and actiions on Twitter!.

We have our own ‘Trump’ here.
Boris..... he too has made his never to be forgotten huge gaffs, such as Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. It happens, and when it does, a bucket full of it rightly lands on their heads! Perhaps it’s time both of them employed a proof-reader who is not afraid to tell them that if they go ahead and say or print what others would find simply outrageous, they will be in BIG trouble.
It should be someone who would have the courage to tell them “YOU CAN’T PRINT/SAY THAT!!”

Oh well, That’s politics I’m afraid.
Gravitas
North England

21-07-2019, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I can't help thinking it would be quite the strain on the Ancestry/Family Tree websites if everyone bar the Native Americans had to find a way to "go back home"
You can't help thinking you say. But you didn't even start to think.

Check out my O/P. That is NOT what is being said.

That is what the talking heads want the unthinking public to believe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top